Movies !
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Movies ! Reply with quote

I'm a cinema fan as much as i'm music fan,
What do you like guys like ?

I'm the kind of person who can watch the same movie over and over.....i saw twin peaks 4 times in theatre, same for Dracula....
I'm a fight club addict, i'm a big fan of the Coen Brothers, especially the Big Lebowski, each of their movie is a lesson of cinema, i also like David Fincher a lot,
I'm a Blade runner fan, the book is better but the movie is awesome, best scifi movie ever made imo,

the movie from 2005 that i liked the most were the aviator and sin city....can't wait for sin city 2 and 3.....

I love all of David Lynch movies, and of course his tv shows like twin peaks or on the air, i like his short films too....

As for the actors, i like Mickey Rourke a lot, angel heart, year of the dragon....and Steve McQueen...
The actress i enjoy the most is Uma thurman

I like authors movies but i also like popular cinema, like the goonies, lethal weapons, ferris bueller to name a few....

The movie i wait the most is a scanner darkly, one more movie inspired by a PK dick book, the book is brillant, let's hope the movie will be too....
terricloth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt know they were making a movie out of a scanner darkly, that should be great!
the best movie ive seen of late is everything is illuminated based on the equally good book by jonathon safran foer. eugene hutz from gogol bordello is actaully a really good actor, i think he stole the movie
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terricloth wrote:
i didnt know they were making a movie out of a scanner darkly, that should be great!
the best movie ive seen of late is everything is illuminated based on the equally good book by jonathon safran foer. eugene hutz from gogol bordello is actaully a really good actor, i think he stole the movie

I'll try to find this movie then
terricloth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone else see chronicles of narnia?? i thought it was so good the woman who played the witch was great, pure walking evil! And the special effects were great Aslan looked like a real talking lion!
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never go to the theatre to see movies :/
I usually buy the dvd, i know it's not as good but i like it anyway !
I guess i'll see this one in 6 months, i'll let you know then Smile
terricloth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats how i am for the most part but i was such a fan of the series i had to go see it. now sitting through king kong for 12 hours is not something i want to do in a crowded theatre!
bibasse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sin City was a total blast to my eyes, I saw it twice in a row (but maybe it was just for Carla Gugino...)
As for music, i think that every "genre" has good and bad movies. I like exploitation movies, I use to consider that some Jackie Chan movies are just perfect. Brain Dead is the pinnacle of what i love in popular flicks (the blood put apart). I'm fond of John Carpenter's, Takashi Miike's, some of Jean-Luc Godard's (but maybe it was just for Anna Karina), and Mickael Haneke's movies... And Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, after five views, is still growing as the most touching movie i ever saw.
But if I had to pick one movie when leaving earth, it will be 2001, A Space Odyssey, no question.

The movie I wait the most this year is Silent Hill by Christophe Gans. Silent Hill is a mind blowing video game serie which put his name on the pyschological horror core, so I hope that the movie will make some justice to the serie.

(*) Limited to 255.
ema

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hummm.. ..culture cinématographique! Very Happy
i'm sure anna karina has a lot to do with the fact that you like godard ! ha ! Razz Wink
bibasse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... maybe it was godard who liked to make movies because of her.
Or maybe it's just a coincidence that my favorite movies are the ones with anna.
So, cinematographically speaking, what do you like?

(*) Limited to 255.
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We mostly love the same cinema Bibasse, I also looooove jackie chan a lot, before he moved to the us and had plastic surgery, brain dead muahaha i like it too but i like bad taste better, John Carpenter, takashi Miike (visitor Q, audition....) are great directors obviously, i love Takeshi Kitano, in fact my favorite cinema comes from the east.....

I love US cinema too, i wonder why Francis ford coppola didn't make movies anymore, he's one of the most talented film maker in the US imo, Rumble fish is such a master piece, apocalypse now is THE war movie, come one Francis make us a new movie !
moe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hI. i really like like going into movies. i really like this quentin tarantino stuff and the stanley kubrick movies......also one of my absolutly favourites is the movie "high fidelity" i watched it about a hundred times and i can`t get enough...i love the seen were cusack is saying" okay guys now i sell 5 copies of the ep`s from the beta band and he plays the best party on "dry the rain"...and i often cry if i watch movies..i really like that but just when im alone....last week we watched a movie with our school class in the cinema and a lot of other people were there and the movie was really sad so i started crying and all of them looked at me.....but i dont have a problem with...what i wanted to say is: i love movies

cheers

Moe

http://moreeats.bandcamp.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
lily

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which movie did you see with your class?
moe

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

el mar adentro ...its an spanish movie.... maybe in english the sea in me? a fantastic movie.....auf "deutsch" das meer in mir"....

bye

http://moreeats.bandcamp.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
penny lane

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

high fidelity is one of my all time favies aswel. john cusak is amazing in it and i love jack blacks version of "lets get it on", which is damn near impossible to find his original version of! the soundtrack is UNREAL, as is the script. i heard once that "the kinky wizards" are actually idiot pilot? i dunno if thats true or not. i could easily talk about it for hours, including all my " all timetop 5's"..which is quite sad really isnt it?

i seem to be attracted to alot of music films. namley "almost famous" being the best one in my opinion. its full of the classic music from that era such as simon and garfunkel, the who, zepplin, bowie, elton john and lynard skynard and the story of how cameron crow got to tour with rollin stone magazine! wow its like a dream!
kevin!gilmartin

Location: Staten Island, New York City/SUNY Purchase College, New York

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't go see movies like I should.

I've wanted to see a number of movies, but my friends always go without me, so I suppose I'm left to see them by myself.

I'm hoping the new David Lynch movie is going to be good. I've heard he's doing it on digital video.