$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

don't be scared to ask !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ema

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: don't be scared to ask ! Reply with quote

well, i been very busy last weeks at work, that's why i was not on the mb lately, i was too much exhausted at night to stay in front of a screen but the good thing is i come back with this little story....pointless for some, awesome for the others... ...huuuumm awesome is maybe overrated!hahha

i use to listen to l'vov reads his notes at work when my boss is not around, which means for the last 2 weeks, hehe....this is not neccessary the kind of music that is played in a pyjamas store but ..i thought what the hell, i'm alone so i'm the boss, haha!

a couple of young people came into the store a couple of days ago to buy some mens underwears and "fell in love again" was playing at the same time......i noticed that the guy followed the rythm, hitting his hand on his tight and was looking up to the speakers.....i helped them to make their choices, they stayed for a while (they left after graffiti artist bombs).........
then a few minutes after, the guy came back alone, he looked kinda embarrassed,(bombs was playing at that time) and then he asked me "sorry, but what are you listenning right now, mademoiselle? is that a radio station?"
so i proudly said "naaah, it's jack lewis, a young musician from new york city, very talented!"
so he tells me that he's gonna buy the record right away at the fnac (music store in the same mall) cuz he thinks it's very very good and original......so i showed him the cd case and explained to him that he can't find it in store...sadly....but that he can order it, thanks to the net, ( i gave him the adress at the back of the record) then he tells me that he's not very good with computers (he doesn't own one) but he 'll try to find it..... we talked about music for a while (his bro jeff...) and i noticed by the way he was staring at the record, that he wanted to ask me if i could make him a copy but he didn't dare to ask.....and then i felt a little bit embarrassed too....cuz i wanted that he gets the cd.... but in the good way, i mean legally....after that little chat, he thanked me and left...et voilą!

so now, i ask to you guys, should i have made him a copy?i dunno....
anyway, that was my story, but you know, it made my day!i was thrilled by the fact that someone (customers) appreciated my taste in music....usually they walk away with a kind of weird mean look (esp during the solo of where's the youth) hahahahah!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a cool story Ema, and it's great that you can listen to what you want at work !
jewis22

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a dman flattering stroy,
wow, cool.
I wonder what other music that guy is into?
So yeah feel free to make copies. Though I guess you didn't get his e-mail address, oh well. Though if he liked that song he would probbaly much prefer Jonathan Richman who he can find in some stores
Will Oldham
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool story, It reminds me of when I use to work in a off license and every shift when the boss wasn't working we'd bring in cd's or put on cool radio stations and play music way too loud (and drink out the back sometimes too - happy days!)

www.myspace.com/will_oldham_horror
Kieron

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an ace story Ema, though I think Jack's answer is wrong. I mean, you (Jack) are far too humble! And Ema, you shouldn't make a CDr for him, or tell him the email address he needs to get copies of CDs. You should become the exclusive distributor for Jack Lewis stuff in France! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ema

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jewis22 wrote:
that's a dman flattering stroy,
wow, cool.
I wonder what other music that guy is into?
So yeah feel free to make copies. Though I guess you didn't get his e-mail address, oh well. Though if he liked that song he would probbaly much prefer Jonathan Richman who he can find in some stores

yeah, i thought that too.....i felt really happy when he asked me " what are you listenning, miss?"...i had already noticed that he seemed to like it...but he been err brave enough to ask me, which i really appreciated( i was secretly waiting for that kind of request).
i had had the idea that i could do a little plug for your work.......like i did for others before.....i like the fact that people listen or at least hear some musicians, not neccessary famous but very talented.......even if they have no idea what they're listenning to.....hoping that one day, someone would ask me what is it....and this day happenned! Very Happy

from what he said to me, he use to listen to old rock'n'roll stuff from the 60', some ska from the 70' and more recently humm...... we talked about pavement.....me,i did my best to introduce him into jeff's work....told him that you wrote a couple of songs on his records, etc..
i knew that you would be ok for the copy, i guess the most important for you is that people listen to your music, but hey, i gave him all the informations, addresses to get it...and i didn't wanna feel guilty....you know, like i'm robbering your work, blah blah blah.....i thought it would have been bad for my karma ! haha
i really think that he fell for your music, cuz he was about to buy your cd right away...and he's just listenned 3/4 songs soo....i believe that he honestly liked it...but no, i didn't mention jonathan Richman.... i swear that next time someone will be interested by your music, i will ! Wink
oooops, sorry, i been chatty, again!

Last edited by ema on Tue May 02, 2006 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
ema

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieron wrote:
That's an ace story Ema, though I think Jack's answer is wrong. I mean, you (Jack) are far too humble! And Ema, you shouldn't make a CDr for him, or tell him the email address he needs to get copies of CDs. You should become the exclusive distributor for Jack Lewis stuff in France! Cool

hehehe...i would if i could, believe me!!