message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Hi folks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moe

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...what i want to say now about adam is that i was on 4 concerts and he is a not an arrogant person or something...i meet him after a concert and he was really drunken and stoned but he was nice....i also spoke with jeff about him because he was touring with adam so i asked jeff how he is like a normal person (so not on the stage) and he said that he is very nice.....so i have nothing against him... i have all the 4 records and garfield(1st one) is the best one for myself....friends of mine is in my opinion one of the best Pop records ever and the other 2 new ones are like just 2 other records in the history of records....but when i saw him in zurich last time he played living after midnight from turner cody...that was cool.

cheers

Moe

ah yeah: i love kimya

http://moreeats.bandcamp.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
terricloth

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

his albums got progessively worse in my opinion, but jeez garfield was genius wasnt it? i really wish hed go back to that style, its like hes going for indie-lounge singer now and i cant stand it!
kimya is just consistantly good, i cant wait to get her new album!
lily

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant´t wait to get kimya´s new album,too! one day, i think one year ago, a friend of mine wanted me to go to a concert with him. i´ve never heard something about the singer...a woman named kimya dawson... since this day i´m a real big kimya dawson fan!!!
one question about adam: is he still an antifolk artist??? cause i don´t think so...
terricloth

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i wouldnt say he is but he still gets lumped in with kimya,jeff, turner cody, langhorne slim, and all the really good antifolk. i think he should be considered anti-lounge though
Will Oldham
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terricloth wrote:
i think he should be considered anti-lounge though

very true

www.myspace.com/will_oldham_horror
Kieron

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when does one stop being antifolk? Problem is, there isn't really a style that defines antifolk. I'm thinking of Beck right now, cos he was one of the originals along with Lach, and he's still antifolk, right? Well, maybe that's a whole nuther debate!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
terricloth

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lach has had soooo many bands though, some antifolk and some are not. the latest one i forget the name, wasnt. they were good though.
and when beck ceased to be antifolk and i stopped liking him when he got all techo-crazy.
so the lesson here is, if you want me to stay a fan of yours, stay antifolk!
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieron wrote:
Well, when does one stop being antifolk? Problem is, there isn't really a style that defines antifolk. I'm thinking of Beck right now, cos he was one of the originals along with Lach, and he's still antifolk, right? Well, maybe that's a whole nuther debate!

I guess Beck is at long as anti folk means low fi folk and punk tunes on accoustic guitar, i like Beck a lot, i'm not such a fan of his electro albums or disco stuff but his folk material : i like it a lot !
Especially the album one foot in the grave, and mutation.
moe

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi....i`m sorry for starting a discussion like this.....i asked adam once a time if he is doing still anti folk and he said that for him anti folk is not the style you play it`s just a way to be....i really love kimya and what i want to say about beck is that one foot in the grave is a wonderful record...!!!!
cheers

Moe

http://moreeats.bandcamp.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moe wrote:
Hi....i`m sorry for starting a discussion like this.....i asked adam once a time if he is doing still anti folk and he said that for him anti folk is not the style you play it`s just a way to be....

Moe

I guess he's right, i don't really care myself about musical genres, at long as i enjoy music, people can name it anything they want, but as i told before i got no idea what anti folk really means