$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Peter Stampfel's 20th Century + 3rd album with Jeff

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dazmann

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Peter Stampfel's 20th Century + 3rd album with Jeff Reply with quote

Here's a link to a recent article about Peter Stampfel's 20th Century project and a mention about a 3rd album with Jeff.

https://offshelf.net/2020/08/13/peter-stampfel/
dazmann

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Stampfel's 20th Century

Released today (5th Feb 2021)

https://louisianaredhotrecords.bandcamp.com/album/peter-stampfels-20th-century
jefflewis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't know that 100 Songs was released yet - holy cow - great to see... I wrote some stuff for the liner notes so I think I'm supposed to get a free copy of the box set, maybe I'll get it soon. Guess that'll give me something to listen to while sitting at home in my apartment all winter! : D
As for the "lost double-album" of the Jeffrey Lewis & Peter Stampfel project, I'm finally making some moves towards getting those recordings out into the world, probably just on Bandcamp, it just seems like the most direct and accessible way to do it and those recordings have just been sitting unheard for years now. The recording studio shut down, the engineer moved out of America, and Peter vocal dysphonia makes more vocal alterations or overdubs basically not likely so I think it's safe to say those recordings are not going to change from what they currently are, but I think they're all fine as they are anyway!
dazman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice there is a new-ish Jeffrey Lewis & Peter Stampfel track over on Bandcamp.
Its been out a while, but I'd missed it until now. There's lots of swearing - be warned Wink

Its this one:

Jeffrey Lewis & Peter Stampfel - The Ballad of Throat Culture
from Our Favorite Beatle - Friends and Fans Celebrate The Music of Phoebe Kreutz

https://lousymoon.bandcamp.com/track/the-ballad-of-throat-culture
jefflewis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot about that -
it's actually an out-take from the 2010 recording of the Come on Board album, that whole album with Peter Stampfel was recorded in one weekend and by the time we attempted this one last song my throat was kind of wrecked from so many hours of nonstop singing and recording (ironic, considering the song title!). But when there was going to be a tribute album to Phoebe I wanted to record this song, it's such a great song of hers, then I remembered I already had a studio recording of it, with a band and everything! So I just sent it without even listening to it. Didn't realize my voice was sounding so worn out.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot about that -
it's actually an out-take from the 2010 recording of the Come on Board album, that whole album with Peter Stampfel was recorded in one weekend and by the time we attempted this one last song my throat was kind of wrecked from so many hours of nonstop singing and recording (ironic, considering the song title!). But when there was going to be a tribute album to Phoebe I wanted to record this song, it's such a great song of hers, then I remembered I already had a studio recording of it, with a band and everything! So I just sent it without even listening to it. Didn't realize my voice was sounding so worn out.