$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Any radio stations you can recommend?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
christian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Any radio stations you can recommend? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Sorry for the long absence from the forum!

I just got an internet radio and am looking for good radio stations that play cool, funky or obscure music, 60's, 70's, folk, antifolk, rock, blues, stuff like that. I just started listening to BBC2, heard some good stuff on there already. I also want to try WFMU, which Jeffrey references in "Cult Boyfriend".

Does anyone know any good stations they can recommend? If you could also include the geographic location that would help me to find them on the website that works with my radio (wifiradiofrontier).

I don't quite know how to describe my music style, besides Jeffrey Lewis of course I like stuff like The Kinks, Bob Dylan, The Moldy Peaches, Neutral Milk Hotel, AJJ, Nana Grizol... Smile

Thanks a lot in advance!

Christian
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like BBC 6 Music here in the UK, they play a great mix of things in shows all day. I also listen to a lot of news based radio, the BBC are best at that too. I've never got into a proper alternative station but I listen to podcasts with my favorite artists being interviewed and find some real gems doing that which I would never usually find another way. x
jefflewis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC6 does seem really cool, I remember listening to it on the radio at somebody's house in the UK and I was impressed and surprised by the songs that were coming on.
The only internet radio station that I have regularly listened to is the Technicolor Web Of Sound, which is a 60s psychedelic station... I have a lot of fun trying to shout out the name of each new song/artist that comes on, in the first few seconds of each one, just so I can show off that I know them all (just shouting to myself, with nobody else around). But then sometimes there are ones I don't know. I like being surprised.