$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Four Seasons question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mama

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Four Seasons question Reply with quote

Will the Four Seasons tracks ever get put onto a remaster album with bonus tracks or an Odds and Ends from 2000-2010 kind of thing? I'd like to get the boxset but it's always too expensive for me. Maybe a Tapes From The Crypt vol. 2 is long overdue? Very Happy
jefflewis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've definitely been wanting to do a Tapes From the Crypt volume 2, especially since my method of making songs from the past few years has been to write a lot of songs then only keep the ones I think are the best... so there's a bunch of extra stuff that I could use for a collection of demos or something... similar to the material on the Message Board "secret album", there's a bunch more like that, songs that weren't used for the Manhattan album or for the new album (which is now finished, I just need to do the art work).
For the Four Seasons material I feel like the box set was always so expensive, even when it first came out, that the people who bought it deserve to have the exclusivity of knowing that they didn't spend their money in vain for something they could have gotten cheaper in another form, you know? Actually it's only such a small amount of songs on there, maybe 4 songs? And I think most of them are already available in different recorded versions somewhere else?
Another thing I'd like to do is sort of a "comics from the crypt" collection, there are many, many short (and not so short) comic book stories and pages and strips that are in my sketchbooks or in old magazines or zines or other projects, I could probably make a collection of 100+ pages of comix that most people would not have seen, but as usual it's just one of those projects that I'd like to do but I never make the time! Too many other things to do! But some day...
alistarr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up just to reply to this, three years too late, to say I definitely skipped a few meals to buy that box set when you put it out! But we've played it so much in the intervening years that it's repaid the investment, to the point that it sounds kind of wonky now.

The one about the flood and the one about the moose are family favourites (I don't think the moose song is available elsewhere?), and every so often I go looking to see if I can buy a CD or a download of it, and come up with nothing. If you do ever sneak out a digital release I'll be there with some more saved-up lunch money.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I think about putting those songs someplace more accessible, and the comic book from the box set too, but then wouldn't it maybe be annoying for the people who bought the box set? I wouldn't want those people to feel ripped off, if they paid for something but then found out they could get the same stuff somewhere else... But I guess it's been such a long time, maybe it's okay to reprint that stuff. The box is still rare and special. But isn't it cool when you have access to something nobody else has access too? I kind of miss the days when you actually felt special for having something... There was an actual reason to have it... Old fashioned, I know!