$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Dave End/Dav End/Meave End

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mama

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: Dave End/Dav End/Meave End Reply with quote

Has anyone heard of this singer before?

She used to preform under Dave End and released two CD-Rs with Olive Juice, then went to Dav End and now Meave End. Anyone who is only aware of her early work, she is trans and now uses female pronouns.

Really good anti-folk acoustic accordian music about being queer! Hard to find any real music of hers online now but if anyone wants I could share a few songs from my personal copies (End has given previous permission to this).

Has totally disappeared off the web! Jeff, did you know Meave? Her albums were out 2006 and 2007 and I believe she has lived in NYC and SF. Just a really cool underground artist who's really under the radar. Just wish people could discover her more easily.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update and info! I used to know Dave End, if I recall correctly I was part of at least one gig in Philadelphia with Dave End and Kimya Dawson, and I think I probably gigged with Dave End at another spot or two, antifolk spots in NYC like Sidewalk or Brooklyn Tea Party, but this was all a while ago. I remember an album called "Fruits Commonly Mistaken for Vegetables" which I always thought was a really brilliant title.