$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Stuff in 2024, etc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:29 pm    Post subject: Stuff in 2024, etc Reply with quote

Hi anybody! Here's where I'm at, as of early Feb 2024...
1) COMIX = Was hoping to spend Dec-Jan-Feb working seriously on Statics issue #3, but I still haven't finished writing it. I've got a bunch of brainstorms written down for ideas, and I've got a number of pages scripted, and I'm starting to make thumbnail sketches for page layouts on some of the scripted pages. But it's a lot less progress than I was hoping for this winter, oh well, I guess there's no real hurry.
2) ALBUM STUFF = I've got a batch of 2023 home demos that I could release on Bandcamp as a "2023 TAPES" but I've been slow about getting this done. I need to listen to the whole batch and see if I might want to re-record a couple of them, to fix some lyric screw-ups or something.
3) OTHER ALBUM STUFF = I do have this complete regular proper studio album with my band, which we recorded over a year ago, in Nashville with producer Roger Moutenot (same place and situation as the Bad Wiring album recordings were done). I'm currently just sending it around to record labels to see if there's a label situation that would make sense to do, or I'd have to figure out what a self-release would require of me.
4) TOUR STUFF = hoping to get the new album out and then tour, but the album release will probably take a while, the slow way things are going. In the meantime there's a short 11-day tour of the SouthEast USA being organized for April. No current UK/Europe plans in 2024 but I really need to do SOMEthing, SOMEtime, so the planning should start asap!
5) TIKTOK STUFF = I've been paying a youthful enthusiastic person here in NYC who suggested doing a job of making TikTok posts for me, so I figured, why not, it's a way for me to have some content on TikTok and a way for this person to make some money doing stuff they enjoy. So we continue to experiment with this plan, I'm paying a bit of money each week for the addition of a few TikTok clips on a Jeffrey Lewis Band TikTok account - I've never logged in to make the stuff myself, but I check on the comments sometimes and I help come up with ideas for what to post!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great update Jeff thanks! I’m excited for all the new things whenever they get done and a tour at some point. I’ve never been on TT but maybe I will head over just for you.
lauragek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while without any real new stuff, IIRC the last live show I was able to attend was feb '20, which makes it FOUR years ago. Wow. So many shows in Germany that were *just* out of reach! Would be so nice if you manage to make it to the Netherlands again sometime, if only so I can say hi!
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I still haven't done very much full proper European continent touring since the tour-world returned after the worst pandemic times. I'm hoping maybe this summer 2024 could be a good time to do more Europe shows and try to return to more areas that I haven't been able to get to since before that horrible pandemic time! I can't believe we went through all of that, and I'm so so so glad it didn't go on like that any longer than it did. Thank goodness things are basically back to normal, with hanging out and concerts and being able to go places! Ugh, it's hard to even think about those times. But it's probably good to be reminded to feel something in common with the people in the world who have to deal with so many terrible things out of their control. Well anyway, what else...
Currently drawing a poster for my band's upcoming April USA tour dates, haven't put the dates on it yet. I wonder if I can remember how to post art on here..
[img]Voltage-Tour-Poster-2024-UFO-8.5x11-COLOR-FLAT.jpg[/img]
Nope, that didn't seem to work!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You’re right Jeff those were dark days. I only listen to your pandemic album every few months now to reflect but mostly because it’s a grim time to constantly revisit mentally even if with a bit of humour. In the uk at least everything is totally normal again in terms of functioning except the long term changes of more people working from home regularly and being more inclined to stay away from the office with viruses and things. Not to mention all those dead people that were loved and others who have been made long term sick from the virus. Glad to be back gigging and watching comedy and just able to get about without worry and stress about who I may be seeing and if I will pass on germs to them or whatever. Life is better social. And that’s me saying that, I love being at home.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ps I forgot to say I am working my way through what Tik Toks I can without signing up for the place.