$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Current projects

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Current projects Reply with quote

Well, I feel like I've been taking some kind of "hiatus" because it's been three months since the last tour finished, it's a long time for me to just be sitting at home with no touring and not even very many concerts... And actually no new illustrated songs being created... And I don't have a new comic book issue (last winter I spent most of the time working on Fuff #11)... So what the heck have I been doing for three months?? I feel like the time has flown away. But I do have some projects that I've been working on that are now mostly finished (I think, tho there's always some more changes to make).

1) My Watchmen-analysis book, as I've mentioned before, which I originally wrote in 1997 and formed the basis of the various talks/lectures that I've done over the years - I've been trying to get it re-edited and assembled in a nice book-form so I can finally just publish it as a little book. It has taken so much more work than I thought! There's always some new problem to fix. But I finally finished putting it together as a small "first edition" printing, I only made 50 copies, as a sort of little "test" just to see how they look in reality (instead of just laid-out on a screen). I hope I will have these 50 books arriving from the printer in about a week, then I can "debut" them at the MoCCA comic book convention here in NYC on April 1! And then I can see what problems still need to be fixed in it, before I go forward to make a "real" printing of it (or maybe I would try to find a publisher for it instead, maybe I can use some of my 50 "test copies" as a way to get a publisher interested in it).

2) My album of Tuli Kupferberg cover-songs, recorded with Steve Espinola and Peter Stampfel and Los Bolts and some other friends, which is now finished (I think, though I haven't really sat down to give it a full listen yet). I think I'll send a couple copies of this album to some labels like Rough Trade or Don Giovanni and see if they might want to do an official release of it, and i not then I'll just make some copies myself. 15 songs, I think it came out really nice though it was recorded pretty fast. I actually spent more time mixing it than I thought I would, but it made it sound good, and I added a few songs that weren't in the original batch.

3) My east coast USA tour, just a short tour, in late April to early May, is about 95% booked (I'm still working on trying to add a couple more shows if I can), but now it has been weeks since I even saw Brent and Mem at all (they've both been mostly out of town since January), so we'll really need to get back in practice with the new songs, the old songs, and everything! We'll play some little "secret" shows in NYC to get prepared for the tour. Then after that, I don't know!

Jeffrey Lewis & Los Bolts, USA East Coast Tour 2017!

TUES April 25 - Baltimore, MD - Reverb (2112 N Charles St, 21218) w/Guided By Wire, 21+ only (sorry!), $10.

WED April 26 - Richmond, VA - Sound of Music (23220, 1710 Altamont Ave, 23230) w/ Ben Shephard. $10. 18+ only. Music from 8pm-11pm sharp.

THURS April 27 - Durham, NC - The Pinhook (117 W Main St, 27701) w/ Stray Owls, $10, All-Ages!

FRI April 28 - Asheville, NC - Mothlight (701 Haywood Rd, 28806) w/ support tbc. All-ages! $8 adv/$10 doors.

****Sat April 29 -?Atlanta, GA (tbc)

SUN April 30 - Orlando, FL - Will’s Pub (1042 N Mills Ave, 32803) w/ Zap Dragon, $6 adv/$8 doors, 18+.

MON May 1 - Miami, FL - Sweet Liberty (237 20th St B, 33139) W/ The Barely Damned and Babybear LoFi! 8pm.

TUES May 2 - Gainesville, FL - The Atlantic (15 N Main St, 32601) w/ support tba. $8/$10.

WED May 3 - Rock Hill, SC - The Courtroom (201 E Main St, 29730) w/ support tba.

THURS May 4 - Charlottesville VA - Twisted Branch Tea Bazaar (414 E Main St, 22902) w/ support tba.

****Fri May 5 - ?Washington DC? (Please email JeffLewisBand@Gmail.com if you can help us get a gig!)****

****Sat May 6 - ?Philadelphia PA? (Please email JeffLewisBand@Gmail.com if you can help us get a gig!)****

--
More info to come!!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds very productive for you, not everything seems that way to us the public but good work takes time and it seems like you've been trundling along nicely, it's much more useful than I've been! x
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's three busy months to me, it would be really great if i could order you a copy of the watchmen if it's something you can do at this stage of the process...
I hope we'll be abble to hear the Tuli cover cd soon, in any format.
I got to admit that the watchmen project is the thing that makes me drools the most.