Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Jan 2017 UK Dates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dazmann

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Jan 2017 UK Dates Reply with quote

Jeff - do you have any plans to add more UK dates in Jan 2017?

The single show in London for Thursday, 5th Jan 2017 sold out as quick as a flash...
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's basically just a one-night layover on a holiday/vacation/family flight so I figured I'd do a little solo gig in London that night... but since it sold out so fast I'm thinking I'll add a 6pm show the same day (Jan 5) same place (The Islington or whatever the club is called-)... I think if you get on the waiting list for tickets to the 8pm show you'll probably have first shot at the tix for the 6pm show, if/when they go on sale.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're having a holiday to Britain?! Does anyone actually do that?
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not quite a holiday but not quite a tour, my girlfriend's mom lives in Sweden so we'll be there in Sweden, visiting for a few days with her family, then I'm stopping in London for one night on my way back home to NYC!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good, Sweden is a much better choice! Hope you have a wonderful time there. Take warm clothes. x
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess it'll be cooold!!!!!!! And dark!!
chocabloc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Så trevligt! Here in Malmö it's not too cold and dark, just grey and wet. Where are you Jeff?P
jefflewis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, currently I'm still home in NYC... but when I head to Sweden in a couple days I'll be staying with my girlfriend's family up in Harbo.
chocabloc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brrr, good luvk with that. Lycka till!
Hairdresser On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for a couple of great shows last night Jeff. Good to hear your new music. There were definitely a few home runs in there I think.

For anyone interested, the songs played are below. All the songs were new other than the encores, so these aren't the real titles unless I'm great at guessing. Gives an idea of the crossover between the two shows though.

I'd like to see Brand new ways to waste your life make it - the balance of funny/sad is spot on. Other earworms this morning... Sheets and ladders, LP disease, Dogs of my neighbourhood. Must be out of my mind, Intercepts you, Statute of limitations, Troubling thoughts.

Early show: Must be out of my mind/ Dogs of my neighbourhood/ Get the car, move the car/ Taking myself to the cleaners/ Logins and PINs/ Troubling thoughts/ Take it for granted/ Brand new ways to waste your life/ Intercepts you/ Statute of limitations/ Nose to the grind/ LP disease/ Going Postal/ Sheets and ladders/ When X met y/ Depression! Despair!/ Pussy grabbers uber alles/ LDT (Less deer today) // What I love most in England (is the food)

Late show: How it will end/ Memory stacks/ Subway mission/ Are you crazy (or was it something I said)/ Fast food and TV/ In the hearts of the lonely/ Dictator in waiting/ Pulling teeth/ LP disease/ Don't talk to me/ Logins and PINs/ Dogs of my neighbourhood/ Brand new ways to waste your life/ Statute of limitations/ Must be out of my mind/ Get the car, move the car/ Take it for granted/ Troubling thoughts/ Sheets and ladders/ Intercepts you/ LDT (Less deer today)/ Nose to the grind/ Back when I was 4
Hairdresser On Fire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking myself to the cleaners was played at the late show too, before Sheets and ladders.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it was good, and I hope Sweden is too x
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the attentive gig-documenting! Usually i try to keep track of what gets played at every gig but I didn't write these down so I'm glad to have a document of it. I'm embarrassed you were at both sets, since there was so much crossover between the sets, usually I'd want to play 100% different songs in each set, but I wanted to play all new songs in these gigs and I didn't have enough new songs to fill two full sets! So the second show was like 80% similar songs to the first show. I thought the first show was maybe better.
Somebody emailed asking if there's a recording of the first show, does anybody know if any of it was recorded?
Actually, a bunch of these same songs are on the most recent Message Board CD... though I think a lot of the songs have improved a bit since those home recordings (which were mostly made immediately after writing each song, before I'd had much time to putter with playing each one).
ELLIOT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed both shows too. I didn't mind hearing some of the songs played twice.

'Get the Car, Move the Car' was super catchy and been in my head since the show.

'Statute of Limitations' felt like a companion piece to 'Support Tours' and 'LP disease' also went down well.

I especially liked the line about the Reichstag in 'Dictator in Waiting'.

From memory a week later... 'Mind over matter' [unsure of the title used before], 'Everything's fine (but it isn't) [Must be our of my mind?]' and 'Brand New Ways to Waste Your Life' also stood out.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Elliot!
Got together with drummer Brent and bassist Mem yesterday to start messing with some band arrangements of some of the pile of new song stuff, and working on writing some new song stuff at home too (to try to have something new to perform at the Jan 21 benefit gig in Washington DC next week).