$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Busy week-

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Busy week- Reply with quote

Hmm, busy week here in NYC!
Last night I played two songs and told a 15-min story at "The Tell" storytelling event in Brooklyn (w/ Nellie McKay, whom I'd never met before),
tonight I'm gonna try to see this preview snippet of the "Too Much Coffee Man opera", a comic book opera by my buddy Shannon Wheeler, in town from the west coast to present this opera-in-progress snippet...
tomorrow (Tues) I'm gonna take my girlfriend to see this free Brooklyn screening of Radio Unnameable, the documentary about Bob Fass and his WBAI radio program, which I did some soundtrack music for... (you can see the movie on Netflix, it's a good documentary!)
Then on Wed is my usual Wed-night comic book drawing art-night gathering...
On Thursday I'm playing a short 20-min solo set as part of this multi-media event at a nice little club called Dixon Place in Manhattan...
On Friday I'm gonna go back to Dixon Place to see the great comic book artist Bob Sikoryak present a free reading of his new insane project "The iTunes Terms & Conditions", in which he has made a whole big graphic novel out of the endless, unreadbly boring "terms & conditions" contract that you have to agree to in order to use iTunes, which is an insane and funny project for him to do!

Meanwhile I'm trying to stay indoors each day to continue to pencil one full page each day of the new Fuff #11 issue, I really hope I can keep working steady on it like this... today I'll be sketching out page 12... I guess I need 24 pages plus 4 extra for the front/back/inside covers, so there's still a lot of work to do (plus inking it all...).
misshelenc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does sound like a busy week. Busy with good things though, better than my typical busy week. It certainly sounds like there are some interesting art projects going on out there, good for you for finding it out and supporting it.
I haven't got such interesting news... I have developed a bit of a James Rhodes obsession after reading his book Instrumental and listening to his gorgeous piano playing, and also read an existential novel by Edward St Auben worth a mention, about a sick dying man, consciousness and the philosophy of mind. I have been doing some art too, and failing to keep up with the housework. It is cold in the UK, I don't want to go out any more than I have to. Brought a new coat today just to keep me toasty. It seems the whole of Britain is crying over David Bowie dying. My dad introduced me to him as a child and I used to email a fellow mental who was a big fan. I wish I could remember his name. I've been looking after my sister across the country too, She has cancer and had some major surgery on Friday. Lots of things on but not much fun apart from the reading. x
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this evening with the drawing went well.
I spent two hours in Cardiff central library today, and at one point was looking in the CDs for loan. I am pleased to report there is a copy of A Turn in the Dream Songs and City and Eastern Songs.