Jeff Lewis Forum Index
$1.75 US
$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

It's time for... a 10th Anniversary free give-away!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: It's time for... a 10th Anniversary free give-away!! Reply with quote

Well, Dav has pointed out to me that this coming Oct 31, 2015, is in fact the 10th anniversary of the existence of this message board!
That seems like a perfectly good reason for me to do the THIRD Message Board Fan-Club Free Package event!
SO if you wanna sign up to receive whatever weird little gift-package I can assemble for you, please respond to this message BEFORE October 31! Include your name and mailing address in your response... The previous fan-club packages have included rare stuff like stickers, posters, compilation CDs, unreleased songs, and more! What will this next package include?? I have no idea!! But I'll come up with something!

Happy 10 years to the Message Board!
Wow, it is such an obsolete sort of thing, I wonder how many other message boards from 10 years ago still exist! I wonder what percentage of message boards have gone extinct! It's almost older/weirder than still having a Myspace page or a Friendster page, right?
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's crazy, 10 years, it feels like it's not that old.
It started slow, mostly two people posting fanboys messages, mostly boring and turn into something nice, some people are gone that were big part of the place, some stayed and some new folks hang around now.
10 years old IS a long time for a place like this, most of the message board don't last that long.
I'm really happy that it's still alive and kicking!
Can't wait to get that third give away package.
And a big thanks you to the people that are keeping this place one of the few website i check several times a day. Love you all xxxxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in for this one.
I haven't been here ten years but then I would have probably been kicked off for filling it with moaning by now if I had. Glad for every day I have been though, everyone here is lovely.
All the forums say will Oldham runs them, haven't seen them for ages.
Love from me too xxxx
ELLIOT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea. PM sent.
lauragek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, 10 years! No MySpace or Facebook or whatever has ever survived that long I think! Too bad the give-away will be sent after 31/10, or I'd have hoped for some weird creepy halloween-type stuff!

Also, the last 2 give-aways or whatever to call them were pretty awesome, I actually rediscovered them today! Still contemplating whether I'll put the stickers on my guitar or on my laptop, haha!

I'll send a PM, though it's starting to feel like I'm stalking you with my address...
Ian Cockburn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine arrived already! WOW, lots of unexpected wonders! Thanks a million, Jeff.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine today too, spent ages looking through it all and feeling all special and happy. Thank you Jeff! It's a great one xxx
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine too!
great great package, as usual!
I really enjoyed it, the poster is real cool, the vinyl/cd is pretty awesome, first time i ever heard about that concept. I was the record on the label web site and was interested about it, i'm so glad it was part of the package as i'm not really rich lately, i so like the sound of the recording, sounds like an old blues record, not saying the song is a blues but the sound.
I haven't listen to the guitar situation CD but i'm glad to have this real cool collector item.

As for the comic book it's really funny, viloent yeah but i don't mind violent, even if it doesn't feel like anything guff of fuff, i had a few laughts reading it. Some panels are really nice, like the one with the subway exit.

Thank you so much Jeffrey, that was another cool one...
keithos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooo missed out again! I've got to remember to scroll down past the 'music' and 'live' sections of this forum more often. I've been on this page lots recently too since the release of the new album to glean any background info I can! Anyone able to take a photo of the package? I'd love to see all the goodies.
ELLIOT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thanks to Jeff for a great package (I was shocked how big it was). Looking forward to reading the comics and listening to the CDs.
scott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow! i missed out on this one! i guess i was a little too busy getting psyched on the upcoming U.S. tour to check here for a bit. bah! next time!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up until today, all ,my packages have lived in my drawer in my bedside cabinet. I get the things and have a look at them, and the CDs live with my other CDs and have other Lewis albums as friends. I've been trying to think of a way to use all the paper things, and I have decided to buy a frame and make a bit of a collage. I'm thinking maybe a clip frame, so I can change it about from time to time, and should there be another one in the future I would be able to add things. So I had a fuss and a measure today, hopefully I will buy it this week and make it up. Then I have to think up a room to put it in, when I see what colour it suits with which wall.