message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Hello

View previous topic :: View next topic  
christian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

My name is Christian, and I am a Jeffrey Lews / Antifolk fan from Luxembourg. I actually tried to sign up a few times but it never worked. I just saw that a bunch of people seemed to have the same problem. I first got interested in Antifolk around 2005 I think, when Adam Green's "Gemstones" album came out and was pretty popular in Europe. Then I bought the Moldy Peaches album, Kimya Dawson albums, and finally discovered Jeffrey Lewis. So far, I have seen him play three times: in Marseille in 2012 (with the Junkyard), in Metz in January 2014 and in Luxembourg in August 2014 (both times with the Jrams).

I actually tried to organize a Jeffrey Lewis concert in 2013, unfortunately that didn't work out. I felt pretty bad at the time, but in a way it ended up working out, because the venue that I was trying to get to host it ended up hosting it the next year.

I also am very interested in Antifolk "theory" and history. I read Martin Büsser's book, which I can only recommend to anyone who can read German. It also has Jeffrey Lewis drawings in it.

I can't pick a favourite Jeffrey Lewis song, there are just too many. Live my favourite is "Water leaking". One of my all time favourites is "Roll Bus Roll", as well as "The upside down cross", which I know was actually written by Jack. I also really like Schwervon!'s version of "Arrow".

Edit: Oh yeah, currently I really like listening to The Kinks.

Cheers,
Christian
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Christian
Wow, Luxembourg, I don't meet any people from there.
Welcome to the board, It can go quiet some times but most of the time people are around and reading and everyone is lovely. I hope you find what you're looking for.
I'm Helen and live in Wales, nice to meet you xxxx
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Christian, sorry about the registering problems, glad you haven't gave up and found your way here.
andylips

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi christian, welcome! everyone on here is super nice.

i'm andy/mama from durham, uk.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, hello and welcome!
That Luxembourg gig last year was really cool, I hope to be able to do it again!
Hello everybody, from Nantes, I was hoping to get Ish Marquez to make an appearance at our Nantes gig last night but I couldn't find him...
It was a great cool basement venue here in Nantes, a really special cool secret place! Now we're off to Lille...
lauragek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Christian! I'm Hilde, aka lauragek here. Or Laurageek, as Jeff pronounces it Razz I'm from the Netherlands, so if Jeff plays in Maastricht again some time maybe we should try to meet up there! At least, if you can make it there Smile Too bad this time there's no show there, I'll go to Groningen to see him play!

Also I really like your choice of favourite songs - maybe I should listen to Schwervon's version of arrow because I love that song!
christian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the nice replies! Lauragek, I was in Maastricht for the first time last summer and I quite liked it. We just did a day trip over there. I never realized how close it is from Luxembourg, I think it's only a little over two hours driving. It would be fun to meet up, I don't really have any friends who like Antifolk so I always try to meet people at the shows.

Jeffrey, did you get to see the Nantes Cathedral? - I saw on the news that there was a big fire, it looked pretty impressive