Jeff Lewis Forum Index
$1.75 US
$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Planning an east coast tour with Diane Cluck for Feb...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Planning an east coast tour with Diane Cluck for Feb... Reply with quote

Maybe just a week of shows... a solo acoustic double-bill, if I can manage to book enough stuff. Just started sending out the booking emails, will see who starts to write back. Diane can help book some stuff too, she's built up some good contacts in her recent years of USA touring.
More info when I've got any...
scott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got the e-mail about the east coast tour. so excited to see asheville and a show in south carolina because I can get to both! looking forward to the gigs jeff!
jefflewis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, all the tour dates are confirmed!
Here's what we've got (note that we play with old antifolk favorite Grey Revell at the Charlotte gig):

FEBRUARY 2015: Jeffrey Lewis/Diane Cluck (solo-acoustic double-bill) East Coast USA tour dates:

Fri Feb 6 - NYC - Nola, Darling (161 W. 22nd St, 845-443-9304). Diane Cluck, Jeffrey Lewis (solo), The Spookfish. $12.

Sat Feb 7 - Harrisburg, PA - The MakeSpace (1916 N. Third St)

Sun Feb 8 - Cheverly, MD (Washington DC area) - Andrea & Kirk's house (3112 Cheverly Ave).

Mon Feb 9 - Charlottesville, VA - Magnolia House (507 10th St NW, between Preston & Grady Ave)

Tues Feb 10 - Charlotte, NC - The Milestone (3400 Tuckaseegee Rd), 8pm: doors; 8:30 Grey Revell; 9pm Dollar $igns; 9:30 Diane Cluck; 10:30 Jeffrey Lewis. $8 adv/ $10 doors. 18+ only.

Wed Feb 11 - Asheville, NC - The Mothlight (701 Haywood Rd). Utah Green, Diane Cluck, Jeffrey Lewis. $8 adv, $10 doors.

Thu Feb 12 -Atlanta, GA - Grocery on Home

Fri Feb 13 - Rock Hill, SC - The Courtroom (all-ages) (201 E Main St)

Sat Feb 14 - Greenville, NC - Art Avenue (212 E 5th St) 7:30: Nolan Smock; 8:15: tba; 9:00: Diane Cluck; 9:55: Jeffrey Lewis. $8, All-Ages.

Sun Feb 15 - Richmond, VA - Strange Matter (formerly known as Nancy Raygun; 929 W Grace St). 7pm: Doors; 7:30pm: local opener tba; 8:15pm: Benjamin Shepherd; 9pm Diane Cluck; 10pm Jeffrey Lewis. $10.

Mon Feb 16 - Philadelphia, PA - Eris Temple Arts (602 S. 52nd St) 7pm: doors, 8pm: SM-R, 9pm: Diane Cluck, 10pm: Jeffrey Lewis. Door donation $7 - $10. All-ages.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, all the tour dates are confirmed!
Here's what we've got (note that we play with old antifolk favorite Grey Revell at the Charlotte gig):

FEBRUARY 2015: Jeffrey Lewis/Diane Cluck (solo-acoustic double-bill) East Coast USA tour dates:

Fri Feb 6 - NYC - Nola, Darling (161 W. 22nd St, 845-443-9304). Diane Cluck, Jeffrey Lewis (solo), The Spookfish. $12.

Sat Feb 7 - Harrisburg, PA - The MakeSpace (1916 N. Third St)

Sun Feb 8 - Cheverly, MD (Washington DC area) - Andrea & Kirk's house (3112 Cheverly Ave).

Mon Feb 9 - Charlottesville, VA - Magnolia House (507 10th St NW, between Preston & Grady Ave)

Tues Feb 10 - Charlotte, NC - The Milestone (3400 Tuckaseegee Rd), 8pm: doors; 8:30 Grey Revell; 9pm Dollar $igns; 9:30 Diane Cluck; 10:30 Jeffrey Lewis. $8 adv/ $10 doors. 18+ only.

Wed Feb 11 - Asheville, NC - The Mothlight (701 Haywood Rd). Utah Green, Diane Cluck, Jeffrey Lewis. $8 adv, $10 doors.

Thu Feb 12 -Atlanta, GA - Grocery on Home

Fri Feb 13 - Rock Hill, SC - The Courtroom (all-ages) (201 E Main St)

Sat Feb 14 - Greenville, NC - Art Avenue (212 E 5th St) 7:30: Nolan Smock; 8:15: tba; 9:00: Diane Cluck; 9:55: Jeffrey Lewis. $8, All-Ages.

Sun Feb 15 - Richmond, VA - Strange Matter (formerly known as Nancy Raygun; 929 W Grace St). 7pm: Doors; 7:30pm: local opener tba; 8:15pm: Benjamin Shepherd; 9pm Diane Cluck; 10pm Jeffrey Lewis. $10.

Mon Feb 16 - Philadelphia, PA - Eris Temple Arts (602 S. 52nd St) 7pm: doors, 8pm: SM-R, 9pm: Diane Cluck, 10pm: Jeffrey Lewis. Door donation $7 - $10. All-ages.

dazmann

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of any joint tour dates in the UK?

I notice Diane is appearing solo in London at the end of April 2015.

I've always thought highly of the duets from 2001 EP tracks, so would love to see and hear these performed live.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No UK tour dates planned, tho it would be cool.
Of course go see Diane while she's over there if you can! Last time I saw her play was here in NYC a couple months ago and I think it was her best ever, she's been on another level lately...
scott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excited for the show in asheville, nc tonight! (especially since I won't have to make a drive to Atlanta this time)
can't wait to pick up fuff 10 as well! Very Happy
scott

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a great time at both the asheville, nc. and rockhill, sc shows! He played two completely different sets which was good to see. Heard alot of new songs in Asheville and am looking forward to the new album.

There was a new song i hadn't heard before called "screaming old man" (or something similar) about a man in jeff's apartment building who he can hear through the walls at night that sends him through an existential crisis. I wonder if there's a video somewhere on this world wide web? anyway, that one stuck out to me, i loved it.

Jeff was also nice enough to draw a picture of himself in my notebook for my daily comic. here it is (if i can get it to upload):

Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's a lovely picture, lucky you! Glad it has gone well for them all. Does Jeff and the gang ever play a bad show? No one ever posts about it here if they do! Although I don't believe it is possible personally. x
jefflewis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from Diane Cluck's house in Charlottesville VA! We only have two gigs left... we have to do a snowy drive up to Philadelphia for tonight's show, then a late-night drive to NYC for the last gig! It's just a light dusting of snow, luckily... but still, we'll be driving slowly!
It was a GREAT show in Richmond, VA last night... the combination of a Jeffrey Lewis crowd with a Diane Cluck crowd has been a really good way to do this tour, some of the best turn-outs of any US touring either of us have done, I think!
Scott thanks so much for coming to multiple shows!!
Here's what I've got coming up at this point:

BECAUSE OF THE SOLD-OUT NYC GIG, WE'VE ADDED ANOTHER:

Tues Feb 17 - Ridgewood/Bushwick border, Queens NYC - Trans-Pecos (915 Wyckoff Ave, at Weirfield St) Diane Cluck and Jeffrey Lewis, w/ support from Kid In The Attic. L Train to Halsey, or M Train to Myrtle-Wyckoff. 7pm, $12. All-ages!

--

Fri Feb 27 - NYC - Sidewalk Cafe Winter Antifolk Fest 2015! 6:40: Caroline Cotto, 7:20: Aunt Ange, 8: The Fast Breaks, 8:40: Ben Krieger, 9:20: Cannonball Statman, 10: Clinical Trials, 10:40: Jeffrey Lewis & The Jrams, 11:20: Chink Floyd, 12: Brook Pridemore. All-ages. Free, but you gotta buy something to eat or drink (and tip jar will be passed for each set).

--

Fri April 3 - Kent, OH - Stone Tavern (110 E. Main St., 44240) 8:30: doors; 9:30: Baker's Basement; 10:30: Jeffrey Lewis & The Jrams. $8 adv, $10 day-of.

Sat April 4 - Kalamazoo, MI (Hullabazoo at The Wesley Foundation, Western Michigan Uni. 2101 Wilbur Ave, 49006)

Sun April 5 - Ann Arbor, MI (tbc)

Mon April 6 - Detroit, MI - PJ's Lager House. (Seeking a good local support act! If interested please email JeffLewisBand@Gmail.com )

Tues April 7 - Can anybody help us find a gig in Michigan? Please email JeffLewisBand@Gmail.com

Wed April 8 - Toronto - Burdock Music Hall

Thurs April 9 - Guelph, Ontario, Canada -

Fri April 10 - Can anybody help us find a gig in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre? Please email JeffLewisBand@Gmail.com

--

Sun April 19th - NYC- Brooklyn Folk Fest, with a Peter Stampfel/Jeffrey Lewis set of some sort.