Jeff Lewis Forum Index
$1.75 US
$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Just gave Kim Gordon all 3 of my Sonnet Youth zines!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Just gave Kim Gordon all 3 of my Sonnet Youth zines!! Reply with quote

I was in Other Music (tiny, super-hip NYC music shop, specializing in super-hip stuff, for super-hip people, etc) browsing thru stuff and then I saw this woman for a millisecond across the room browsing through stuff and immediately recognized her, such a striking face, even glimpsed for a second! But then I still wasn't 100% sure so I had to stalk her through the store for a minute trying to get another look from an angle where I could better assess. But when I did there was no mistake; and I figured hey, there's no way that Kim Gordon walks into a place like Other Music and doesn't figure she's going to be approached by some loser at any given second, plus it's not like bugging a celebrity while they're trying to eat breakfast or anything like that. She was probably like "what the fuck, I've been in Other Music for a whole 3 minutes and nobody has pestered me in awe yet." AND I had copies of all three of my sonnet zines in my coat pocket! Somewhat battered copies but sooo glad I had them all on me, so I said "Kim?" and then I gave them to her. She said something like her brother was a Shakespeare scholar before he went insane; I was too nervous to engage in much further conversation though! She was actually very nice; totally cool and chill and friendly and conversational. When she saw the sonnets credit "art/writing by Jeffrey Lewis" she said "You're Jeffrey Lewis?" but I couldn't quite tell if she was asking if I was just the person who had created the zines or if she meant it like "I've always dreamed of meeting you!"
Anyway, I hope she reads/likes them!!!! Too bad I only had the early test-printing version of Daydream Nation sonnet book, still awaiting the actual slightly-improved re-edited First Printing back from the printer (it's been delayed for weeks while he gets his paper-chopper repaired).
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick Update -
I just got all the books back from the printer, sorry to anybody who has been awaiting shipment of these, i have a number of orders that were delayed because of this print-shop delay... but now I can finally pack and ship them all.
Just in time for me to wait on the longest post office lines of the year!
: )
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is good, you are brave giving them to her, I don't think I'd ever have the confidence. I guess it's different when you're Jeffrey Lewis and your stuff is actually good.
I went in the post office today and was served instantly, no queues, I hope you have the same luck and everyone enjoys them when they arrive.
xxxx