$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Reply with quote

Finally finished reading the recent Alan Moore issue of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Century 2009), a bit of a let-down compared to previous stuff, i think the recent "Century" series has not played to his strengths. I still enjoy it, but the "long issue" format doesn't seem to work well for his usual story-telling genius. Of course I usually then have to go online and read about all of the details and references that I missed in each issue, and come to a greater understanding of what is going on in the issue... but still, you oughtta be able to enjoy something on a surface level too...

I think this Century 2009 issue is the final issue in the current series, and it was a bit of an anticlimax, but still fun enough I suppose.
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ve just read the two first century, really enjoyed it, especially the 1969 one, loved the rolling stone history rewriting, i just had the 2009 but i haven't read it yet, can't wait to discover the end of that crazy story.
The league is such an amazing saga, the first two books are really mind blowing, all these caracters, Alan Moore is really the man when it comes to twist your mind.
The black files (don't know if it the right tittle in english) will be realesed down here on a couple of weeks. Also waiting for Nemo, i really want to see more of that caracter.
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finished the all saga a couple of months ago, and i can't wait that the next ones, i've read that there will be three more volumes that will close the saga.
I really enjoyed the black dossier, especially that final part using the 3D glasses, you can say that Alan Moore brings the format further, like you have to close one eye to see a drawng using the blue part of the glasses and watch it using the red one to see the drawing or text changes.
I also wait for the last providence part, will be out in a couple of months here, the first two volumes are just amazing, also next week the first part of cinema purgatorio will be released, will get that one too.