$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Roll Bus Roll drawing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauragek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Roll Bus Roll drawing Reply with quote

Hey guys, a while ago I made a drawing for the song Roll Bus Roll. I went to an American High School for two weeks, and in art class the assignment was to make a drawing about your favourite song and put the lyrics in as well. I never really liked art class in my normal school, but this assignment was just perfect for me! I always have this notebook with me, in which I write the lyrics of the song that I really like at that moment. This way I get to listen to the lyrics with full attention, and trying to write it down as neatly as I can and fit it on the paper properly is strangely calming. Then when I'm bored in class, I make drawings on the spaces that are left over, trying to catch my perception of the song in an image.

So I had a lot of fun trying to create a proper drawing for my favourite song at the moment: Roll Bus Roll. I'm not really good at drawing at all, but this is the only drawing I ever made that I kind of like! I drew a Greyhound bus (had to base it on pictures from the internet, as I hadn't ever seen one in real life before), riding away from the city, with the sun setting over the skyline. There's a lot of smoke coming out of the bus and if you look carefully, you can see the smoke is made out of the lyrics to the song. It's my little tribute to Jeff's beautiful song, inspiring me to go on a big adventure in the States when I'm done with school (just a few months left!Very Happy)

I wish I could upload a picture to show you, but I don't know how Confused Can someone tell me how I put a picture in my post? Thanks in advance.
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, you got a add a file stuff at the bottom of the post reply page, you can uplaod a pic there and it will show, can't wait to see it
lauragek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, well I hope this works... Please bear in mind that I actually never really practise drawing Laughing I took the picture with flash because it turned out yellow without, so that explains the white stain in the middle of the picture.

Here's a detail of the smoke, I wrote the lyrics in them, though it is a bit hard to see in the picture:

Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is real nice, thanks for sharing.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you from me too, I think it looks great, I like your creativity. xxx
lauragek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliments:) You don't happen to have any nice fanart to share yourselves, do you?