$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

old richard hell cover

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: old richard hell cover Reply with quote

Just found youtube footage of a performance I did of Richard Hell's "Destiny Street," might be the only time i played it (there's an audio recording of this that i have but never knew there was footage out there).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuan6Sqnoxw&feature=related
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that, I had never heard that you had covered it. Although I don't know Hell's stuff that well, or well at all really, I did read a book with lots of quotes in by him about punk about 10 years ago. I bet if I go into my 'old notebooks' box I will be able to find all the bits of it I wrote down at the time as genius to be considered for the rest of my life. I have notebooks back from 1993 until the present day in there, and whenever I look through them, I always feel like it's generally been a bit of a life wasted...they are mostly the same entry written over and over again in different ways with varying degrees of sobriety and misery mixed up with song lyrics, bad pictures, and stuff cut out of newspapers. People have said they'd publish them when I die before but no one would ever want to look at them ever!
Umm, off the point there, sorry. I liked watching that and enjoyed the funky guitaring and it just made me a little bit more happy it's nearly the 10th and I can buy my new record Smile xxxx
jefflewis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MHC!
And I like that poetry quote!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's ok, sorry it was so ranty! Thanks for posting it! I remembered after I wrote it that the book was called 'Please Kill Me: The Uncensored History of Punk', but my memory might be decieving me...It was many years ago now.
I'm glad you like my poetry quote! I guess if you write lyrics that never get made into songs, that's writing poetry, right? Or do you write actual poems on the side, that never are meant to be songs?
xxxx