$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Workin' on the website...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Workin' on the website... Reply with quote

Yeah, I've been doing a lot of work to clean up TheJeffreyLewisSite.com and hopefully make it a lot easier to read and easier to use, and a little nicer to look at. Work's not finished... I've been putting at least a couple hours into it every day.
I'm not really a web designer at all, so any input or criticisms would be great! A few people already told me some things that were problems with the way the site used to be, so I've done my best to correct these old problems.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked all the way through it and think for someone who's 'not really a web designer' you've done a much better job than I would have done, good stuff! The pages look better and it's nice that there's that bar at the top where you can go around without using the back icon like you used to have to. I like the back catalogue page best, there's loads of information on it. I like to read things best, I guess, and will happily trawl through pages and pages of stuff, but I guess that's not what most people want, at least, from a website. It's kind of for browsing rather than studying!
But yeah, I think it is really good and looks a bit tidier and it's always nice to have any information freshened up in my opinion. Well done you have worked hard, gold star! xxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to mention the news page probably needs an update, it's been quite a few months now and anyone would think nothing was going on.... Smile xxx
scott

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i just read that you were looking for a show in orlando, florida. I just sent an e-mail to some people, so hopefully we can get another florida show, even though i'm relocating to south carolina at this time Crying or Very sad

will oldham is doing a Florida tour around that time. i suggest jumping on board with him!
jefflewis

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks Scott!
Let me know if there's anyone you recommend emailing for an Orlando-area show...

And to HelenC,
I wonder if you're somehow browsing to a "ghost" version of my website's News page? I do in fact update it at least a couple times a month, so if you've been seeing no updates for "quite a few months" then you haven't been seeing the correct page:
http://www.thejeffreylewissite.com/New-News.html

It's possible that IF you have some sort of bookmark for the News page, you might have bookmarked an old version that has since been completely done away with in the site revision, I'm not very good at making sure all those files are erased from all the folders/servers/etc they exist in, it's confusing. So, while my website main page links to the current, updated News page, it's possible that an old, un-updated news page might still exist on the internet - there'd be no way to link to it from another page in my site, but you could theoretically navigate to it if you had it bookmarked for yourself.

Hey, I'm talking about web design tech and I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about!
kap

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there I was thinking HelenC was having a bit of fun given how busy you are....are you sure this isn't our famed Brit sarcasm at play?! Helen? Made me chuckle anyhow. Any more news on UK dates...please?
jefflewis

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, maybe that was sarcasm... sorry!
As for Uk date info I'll respond in the other topic thread!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't sarcasm, I wouldn't be sarcastic to Jeff! heehee. No the issue was that I had bookmarked an old page. Sorted now, sorry guys and girls, I obviously fail to use the internet correctly, getting old or something!
Now I get to look round the whole site again and see if anything else has changed that I missed. Yey!
xxxxx
kap

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, sorry folks! Nothing like the written word for a spot of confusion. I promise to work harder on my interpretation skills in future. My husband tells me there is such a thing as a sarcmark to make such humour clear. Now I think I may also be having trouble determining irony from sarcasm. Oh dear, back to planting strawberries. Embarassed
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok, it's my fault for not being too bright, I need to work on that...read more books.... x