message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

I dreamed a dream
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love writing by hand, mainly because my writing is awful - so it feels almost secret when I write things down because people have to decipher it.

It's not bad in the way that it looks like a 2-year-old wrote it, I just basically write the first and last letters and the middle is just a squiggle. It's not intentional really and I never have trouble reading it back.

But there's something distinctly depressing about writing creatively on a computer. I have to do it for my job and it's just weird. I don't get it. So when I'm at home it's always pen and paper time.

Plus what the hell are with these personal organisers on mobile phones? It it can't be written on my hand and/or up my arm, then it's not worth remembering.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur AFB, writing by hand is the way forward! No electricity needed, and it's more of a direct route for the creativity to flow from brain to hand to pen to paper than to a keyboard. I write a lot, but sadly, in this case, I have about the neatest handwriting ever. I'm glad I have a fellow pro-handwriting-friend in the world!
Your writing sounds just like my mums, even her signature is just the first and last letters of her name! I find it really hard to decipher, but I guess that's part of the joy!
I'm anti electric organisers too. I have a good, traditional, Hello Kitty calendar which I write everything on. It's simple to see, and you can't accidentally forget to do something because you pushed the wrong button or forgot to load up a page or whatever. Works for me. And the planet, especially if I recycle it at the end of the year.
I had another dream about Conor Oberst again the other day, I was watching him play live and it was so intense and amazing in the dream I just wanted to be inside his head. Hopefully, when I go to see him in June this will come true. It's nearly my birthday and then I can have my People's Key vinyl. Yey.
All my other dreams have been scary nightmares. I've been taking this new medication and I think it's playing havoc with them, as it's one of these that makes you drowsy and messes with your central nervous system. I wake up utterly exhausted even after a good night.
I was in London this weekend just passed for World Book Night. It was actually amazing, so many incredible people there, I felt honoured to be in their presence.
xxxxx
AFB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream last night. I rolled my car and killed myself.

What a shit dream.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, it always makes me wake up in a bad mood when I have a bad dream. I hope you have a nice day so you forget about it and get happy x
kap

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now I am beginning to think that there must be subliminal stimuli contained within this forum as I am now dreaming about Jeffrey, never before. Perhaps MissHeleneC will be able to explain... In a water park, Jeffrey trying to hatch his next 20 low budget music videos and scouting for ideas, me trying to persuade him to do a piece on the evolution of giving birth now that women had forgotten how to. No buy-in and as we talked the books which I was rummaging through turned to rotten wood falling apart in my hands...
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I ould explain but I can't. All I know is, my Jeff-related-dreams come in stages; a lot for a few weeks, then none at all. My last music person related dream was at the end of last week, and it involved my dad chatting to Morrissey.
Books turning to wood makes me sad though, I hope it doesn't come true. Books are one of the only pleasures in my dull life. More music videos does sound good though!
kap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recollected progress to regress dream currently an isolated experience! Maybe Morrissey cropped up beacuse all the daffodils are coming out. Or were they gladioli?
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never see gladioli growing round here, but there are lots of daffodils, I distinctly remember considering whether to buy a bunch the day of the dream when in marks and spencer, so it could well be related. I see today Moz has announced a tour, maybe the dream is calling me to go along.
I had a dream last night that me and Emma Chawner went on an aeroplane to America. We nearly got there, and then we had to turn round and come home again.
I am so tired so so tired...hurry up bed time x
kap

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened again, clearly reading this forum and posting prior to bedtime must be the key. Last night I was employed by Jeffrey and Dav (administrator) in a call centre cold calling for monetary and toy donations for what cause I do not know. Pretty mundane reading I'm afraid, need to practise lucid dreaming. Sleep well!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Dav is turning up too! It won't be long until everyone on here meets up every night in our dreams! Which is odd, as we all sleep at different times due to location and partying and work and all that...
As it is, it's only 10am here so it's a while before I plan to bed down x
kap

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misshelenc I have a question for you - sorry if not at all relevant to other readers - I recall that you are either vegetarian or vegan and as you live in/near Cardiff, have you ever come across the Parsnipship at the Riverside market or Roath real food market? A friend and I are considering joining the collective and I am interested to find out what people think of their produce/vision if they have sampled the same. We've had some really delicious food from the Bristol duo, beetroot, carrot and cardamon globes and good lentil pate. Anyway, was just going to bed and so won't now have to dream about food all night. Cardiff, thereabouts is where it all started.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Yes I am animal friendly and live in Cardiff!
I haven't been to Riverside Market for a few months now, as I've been using the food co op for my cheap, local, organic veg, but I have been down there many times to buy lovely veg and also vegan cosmetics. I haven't used parsnipship myself though, but I'm sure it's a good scheme. I can ask around for you in case anyone else has used them for you. Sorry not to be more help...I'm sure it'd be worth doing! x
kap

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Helen

Thanks v much for your message. Am thinking food and farmers markets will make for a rather more wholesome future pursuit than getting sucked back into the corporate world of work, which quite frankly makes me shudder when I think about it right now, and anyway most of my suits have (to my horror), become dinner for some clothes moth larvae which I suspect is natures way of trying to steer me in another direction or at least to acrylic xx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh for sure, they are definitely on the rise as an industry, people are realising that the supermarkets are killing food. I know the co op I go to gets bigger all the time.
That said, I do like a man in a suit...but maybe just wear one for special occassions or something! So maybe chuck the old eaten ones, and just buy a new one later when you have to go to a wedding!
xxxxx
kris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't had any great dreams lately, but last night i sat out on the porch until three wishing aliens would fly down and abduct me. Life is too dull sometimes.
But Dan Aykroyd believes that there are aliens among us, so that's kind of a relief.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8993422112864357113#