message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

I dreamed a dream
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How awful more like, 3 years of me talking to myself predominantly, moaning and self pitying, embarrassing!
I am glad you decided to drop in and say hello AFB, I did wonder what had happened to you.
London, wow, that's where people who have made it go and be brilliant, have you got a job and lady already or are they plans for when you get there?
Will you still be able to do your band if you move far away? I hope you can still be creative, it's important, beyond your work writing of course.
Don't worry, very few people reply to my terrible letters, I am glad you have a life and a better time than me sat on my own writing rubbish. If however you do reply, get my address off me because I've moved since then, but I'm really not expecting anything.
My life is pretty difficult really but at least I have my books to escape to.
Lots of love xxxxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following a long amount of time with little dreaming and no JL dreams, last night one cropped up in the only bit of sleep I got that was over an hour before I woke up.
I got two letters, well, actually, 2 brown envelopes with bits of chain in with notes on the back, in the post, one from Jeff and one from Dav (welcome to dreamland hun, this was your first appearance). It seems that you two had somehow broken my necklace and sent me some chain links to try and fix it.
So there we go.
xxxxx
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, interesting... maybe it's representative of Dav and I reappearing on the message board lately after a silent period!
I haven't been dreaming lately as far as I recall, but I've been staying up too late and waking up too late!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, although this all happened before I had been on here so I am not sure if it's more to do with things being broken and fixed, or just that I missed this place and needed to have a good post, as I am tonight, it has been too long before I told everyone useless stuff on here.
I think people dream when they're in the deepest bit of sleep so maybe you're not having good quality sleep. Not that I know how to fix that of course, or even if it's true.
All I know is that when I used to smoke a lot of cannabis in my youth, any time I ran out I used to have really vivid, intense dreams. Since giving it all up many years ago I have never experience such intensity.
I should be dreaming now actually it's night time here xxxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I endlessly dream about people I used to know. People that mattered and then realised I was stupid and went away. I wake up miserable and feeling sorry for myself. And then it lasts all day, no fun. xx
jefflewis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a really funny and weird dream recently that I was watching a bunch of geese flying south for the winter, flying in their normal "V" formation, and landing in a field, like they do in real life. Then a flock of duck-billed platypuses came by, also flying in a "V" formation, like they were flying south for the winter! The duck-billed platypus flock landed in the field too, and they were all awkward and roly-poly as they landed, they were sort of graceless and bumbling falling around and having to sit themselves upright again. In the dream it was not weird at all to see this flock of flying duck-billed platypuses, in the dream it only made me think "hmm, it's so funny that they have an awkward time landing, that's really cute... I wonder if when they take off again it's the same platypus in the "leader" position on the "V" or if the formation is random each time?"
When i told my ex-girlfriend about the dream, she noticed that I was connected the animals because of their bill... geese and ducks have bills, and they fly south for the winter... so somehow in my dream it just seemed natural that duck-billed platypuses should also do the exact same thing. I didn't notice the bill connection myself!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't notice the bill (or beak as we say here) connection either as I was reading it, you're not the only one.
Thank you for sharing your dream, I am happy you got to dream about animals, I would love to have dreams like that. Last night I slept really badly but in the 2 hours before I got up I did have a dream with Matt Smith in it, he had lovely blue eyes and was sending me text messages asking to meet up. Haha, I don't think anyone has done such a thing for about 5 years or more, let alone the Doctor.
xxxxx
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who Matt Smith is! But a night with two hours' sleep sounds awful... at least the dream sounds sweet.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is currently playing The Doctor in Doctor Who, although his last episode is Christmas day. I watched the 50th Anniversary episode recently so it must have been in my mind.
I never sleep well, the only bonus is I get through more books that way, but mostly it is pretty hellish. Hope you are well rested. xxx
jefflewis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insomnia is the worst.
Hey, wasn't there some recent thing where they found episodes of the 1960s Dr. Who that had been lost for decades?
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I am an actual insomniac, there are certainly people that have it worse, I just wake up a lot in the night and the broken sleep is tiring, and sometimes I can be up for hours in the night wandering around and cleaning and stuff.
They did indeed find some old DW, and it was/is available online as soon as they could get it there. I didn't watch it myself, but I know someone who was pretty excited about it and wrote about it online. I will watch the Christmas day episode though. Some years I am very drunk by that time on xmas day and can't remember any of it the next day, but I am better behaved now.
Or just too old and paranoid to drink any more.
I dreamed about my friend from college last night, she's an editor at the Guardian now which is rather embarrassing as I am a nothing. i dream about people i used to know all the time, my brain tortures me.
xxxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a dream last night that me and Simon Pegg went on a package holiday together, with some other people he knew. We mostly swam in the hotel pool.
Random.x
jefflewis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who Simon Pegg is...
I had a long crazy stressful dream last night,
I was trying to escape from these people who were possibly school teachers, I don't remember what I had done wrong but they were seriously out to get me; they were definitely going to kill me if they caught me. They were perhaps as many as a few dozen people, like middle-aged women and other totally normal seeming people, who were completely furious with me. It seemed as though I had broken some law, or done something that was completely unacceptable to society, I had done something so hateful that these relatively normal, civilized people were raging after me, like a lynch mob. It was like all of society was against me. I think I ran downstairs in a school, escaping them, and I was constantly running for my life through streets, and hiding in various shops, hoping that the shop-keepers wouldn't recognize me, or that they might be sympathetic and help hide me for a few minutes. Actually, the city that I was running through was maybe in Australia - it was like Sydney, or Melbourne.
Very strangely, one of the places I ran into to seek shelter was a barber shop - and one of the employees there was Mirah, the woman who in real life is a musician with albums on K Records. I don't know Mirah in real life - in fact I don't think I even know what she looks like and I'm unfamiliar with her music - but in the dream she welcomed me warmly, she was happy to see me and ushered me downstairs into a lower level of the barbershop where I could mix in and hopefully not be found. Embarrassingly I called her by the wrong name... I think I pronounced it wrong, or called her Kira or something like that (I think there actually ARE two similarly-named artists like that on K Records). She was still friendly, just corrected me, though it was a shame that I sort of ruined the sense that we actually were pals (remember, in real life I totally don't know this person at all!).
While in the barber shop, some of the people trying to find and execute me did indeed come in to search the place. I ducked my head down and pretended it was a position I had to keep my head in for the sake of the haircut I was getting, and Mirah or somebody else was shaving my forehead with a razor, and shaving my head, it was almost enough to keep me hidden but I think I was spotted anyway and I was doomed, with no way to escape. But because it was a dream, I gave myself a second chance - this happens to me in dreams a lot, the story will sort of reach a dead end, I'll be doomed, and I'll just continue the story anyway, without a plausible explanation of how i escaped the situation. Like getting another life in a video game, or flipping the page back and taking a better option after hitting a dead end in a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book.
So, one thing that happened is that the barber shop was able to give me a totally new look to help hide me - they gave me a greasy black swath of hair, and colored my skin red - they fully turned me into Hellboy, the comic book (and movie) character! As Hellboy, I was no longer seeing the dream though my own eyes, but now I was watching Hellboy from a slight distance, as though he really was a different person, though he was me in disguise.
The disguise part of the dream didn't last long, the next thing I remember is I was once again running through the streets from the mob running behind me. My good friend Justin caught up with me, and offered to kill me quickly and humanely. This seemed like the best option I had. He had a sort of long wavering bubblegum bubble, like ten feet long and one foot wide, that he was sort of blowing towards me with his mouth, like blowing a soap bubble towards me. There was a bulge in the bubble, making its way towards my head, and I asked if it would kill me. Justin said it would explode when it reached me, and I wanted to hug it closely to my head to make sure it killed me, and killed me quickly and painlessly. Somehow I couldn't get it to explode, I just didn't die, it was a bit frustrating.
That's about all I remember, that's around when it ended, but I think it had a lot of earlier parts that I don't remember. I woke up feeling very disturbed about my friend Justin kindly offering to kill me before the mob got me, it was such a strange and terrible situation to be in.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor you, that sounds really horrible, I hope you found someone to hug soon after waking.
I'm sure Justin was just being kind, maybe he believes in euthanasia and could see how much you were suffering, or maybe he's a utilitarianist and wanted to do the inevitable job in a more humane way.
It sounds like your brain was trying to work through some kind of frustration and anxiety. It actually reminds me a lot of Kafka's the Trial. Hopefully you'll feel better in the long term, then it would be worth it for the short term stressfulness of the dream.
Simon Pegg is a Brit geek, responsible for the (excellent) sit com Spaced and the (excellent) film Shaun of the Dead. Among other things. But to me they're his best work. I liked his autobiography too, it had a reference to Star Wars about every other sentence and included a full write up on the joy of his first ever time receiving oral sex with is...different.
I have been having some intense dreams and waking up with bad headaches. Must remember to ask the doctor if the two are linked at some point.
xxxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually went to the cinema for once and saw Inside Llewyn Davis, amazing film great soundtrack. I guess at least one other person from around here would have seen it and maybe liked it? I liked it anyway.
Lots of love to everyone xx