message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

I dreamed a dream
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realised I haven't chatted to myself in days.
Probably because there's nothing to say.
What's new?
I have beautiful new wallpaper in my bedroom. When sorting out my stuff, I found a Jeff Lewis CD copy I must have made for someone but never given them, so I've been playing that. I also found my paints and aim to do some watercolours soon.
I met my friend from Iowa as she was in Wales visiting her boyfriend. We usually write letters and it was weird really meeting her, but cool, she's a sweet girl.
I'm reading a lot, when I get the time. And watching a lot of comedy I recorded over Christmas and didn't have time to watch.
I went to Sainsburys and brought food.
It keeps raining.
I had a dream about a guy who was in my maths class at school.
Umm...
Hope everyone's enjoying their lives!xxx
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing a show with Seth Faergolzia of Dufus here in NYC on Monday night, and I had a weird dream sort of about it...
A guy wearing sunglasses came up to me on the street as I was sitting against a wall, he said he was a fan and started sort of punching me. I was annoyed and I kicked his sunglasses, which broke them. I took a piece of the sunglasses off his face and said "I'll just add this to my collection" and tossed it over my shoulder. Seth Faergolzia was standing nearby and a piece of the broken sunglasses flew over and hit Seth in the nose, and cut his nose a little. I felt really bad and went and apologized to Seth but as i was standing under him (he's tall) and looking up at his hurt nose, his nose suddenly appeared to be quite larger than normal, like a growing Pinocchio nose.
That was it.
Except there was a whole part earlier in the dream with a homeless girl, actually first it was a stray dog but when I sat with her she was also a homeless young woman.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor nose, don't worry, it was an accident, accidents happen! I'm sure he'd forgive you! Do you think you'll tell him he was in your dream? I always feel kind of odd telling people they were in my dreams, it's kind of like they think you must have been thinking of them before you fell asleep or something. I know that may be the case sometimes, but sometimes not, and that can be awkward.
I think dreams are a sign you've been in the good deep bit of sleep for a while, so I hope you woke up feeling refreshed. And I hope your gig goes well, I'd come along but I'm too far away...sorry! Another time! I'll just play a record here instead, not as good but it's kind of a bit of a substitute.
xxxxxxx
AFB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ex-girlfriend quite often appears in my dream. I make a point of telling her everytime because I enjoy the awkwardness. It's nice to know we still share something you know?

Anyway, I had a dream last night about flying to Australia. It was weird because it was in real-time (or at least felt like it), which meant that I was only about half way through the flight when I woke up and never made it Sad
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably best you didn't make it hun, you might have drowned. Poor Australian people.
I dream about my ex's too, but I don't speak to any of them any more. It always makes me feel a bit weird but I think it must just be the brain's way of getting over the trauma they left me with. Aww. As mostly I just repress any thought of them.
I wonder if she dreams of you too? x
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardly slept last night but still managed to have another Jeff dream. Maybe I need Freudian analysis. I'm sorry Jeff, I obviously have some kind of problem! x
AFB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had another real-time dream, it was bizarre. I dreamt that I was sleeping. Just sleeping. I was fully aware I was just lying in my bed just sleeping.

Analysis: I'm probably the most boring person in the world.
lauragek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that's really funny. Last night I dreamt I woke up and realized I hadn't actually slept. Then I woke up and realized that was just a stupid dream. But kind of the opposite of yours! which doesn't make this reply any less boring...
misshelenc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I want to fight for the most boring person. Like, who cares what I dream? Why post it on the internet? Let alone every day! Really, AFB and Lauragek, don't you worry, we all know who the true bore is on here... Smile xx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do I have to say today then? My brain isn't really working as I have some kind of cold/soreness/feel awful illness. I'm sure it'll clear up soon but at the moment I feel wretched!
Last night I dreamed I met my friend from Brooklyn. I've never actually met her, but we've been penpals for years and years, as I met her on a forum for a band when she was looking for a copy of a record that I owned, and sent one to her. I love getting her letters, and she's such a top girl, and the sort of person that it'd be worth getting a flight across the water to visit I'm sure. But in my dream it didn't go very well and all I did was cry, I think I was a big disappointment. Wouldn't be the first time.
Now I'm coughing my lungs up, half listening to Gillian McKeith tell me what I should and shouldn't be eating on the tv and waiting for my nail varnish to dry while typing to you.
Random thought: if all the food on Gillian's diet is so good for you and makes you feel so brilliant like she claims, why is she such a miserable cow?
Hope everyone is doing well and feeling happy and isn't sick like me
xxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything interesting to add I wonder?
No. Been listening to my Malcolm Middleton live album, but mostly in the car, getting to know it as I got it for Christmas (thanks mum).
Been reading a crime novel by an Italian writer I'd never heard of before that has been recommended and lent to me (thanks sister).
Had a bad cold all week. Can't hear still, I'm so blocked up. Missed all my groups this week which is a shame but I just felt too ill.
Had a dream that a guy with 3 eyes gave me a valentine's card. He looked like that fish off the Simpsons. It turned out he was my cousin too, weird, and he was autistic. His parents, my aunt and uncle, owned a guest house on the British coast. Odd.
I'm sorry. Full of rubbish as always! x
kris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misshelenc- are you a vegan? I tried that a while back... I kept reading horrible things basically about everything in existence and started to freak out and I started drinking carrot juice and ate soybeans and sprouts until I felt like
I was a sprout. I started having dreams about sprouts and then I think I maybe got too close to God because my eyeballs caught fire and the only thing that would extinguish the flames was antibiotics straight from the udder of a helpless cow.
AFB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Brilliant.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a vegan, I'm a vegetarian who eats mainly vegan...I hope that makes sense! Basically, in the house I eat vegan, but when I'm out or being fed by someone else I'm happy to compromise a bit. I haven't eaten veggie animal products for 20 years so I'm not sure I'd really notice a great deal of symptoms now? I do have an awful lot of dreams about food!
happy valentine's day xxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't ranted on here for a while.
Um, I only just am getting well for my illness. I have been up at night coughing all week which is no fun, usually between 4 and 6, and those are hours I like sleeping.
I have gone on some new medication and it's making me feel very stoned. I haven't done drugs in years and it's weird getting the effect for free from the NHS.
In other news, the chief of exams wants people to write them on computers instead of by hand in this country. It makes me sad. Handwriting is amazing. I guess most people don't do it a lot but I write obsessively in notebooks and letters and stuff, and am really glad I have mastered the art of organising my brain to write by hand. It's so much more personal.
I'm going to my mothers in England this weekend, should be good.
My cat wants a cuddle but has just come in from the garden and is soaking wet because it's raining. Hurry up and dry my Bennett!
xxx