message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Jeff tour in the Uk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamd164

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to see Jeff in Cork on the 22nd. Can't wait!
Kieron

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're one of the lucky ones then! I thought about going to one of the Ireland gigs, cos they're probably as easy for me to get to as an English one. But then I woke from my dream and realised I had no money for such a venture Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rosie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomic wrote:
Woooo! I'm definitely going to get to the Sheffield gig.

I've never heard of the Polish Catholic Centre, although it's apparently only about 15 mins walk from my house. Sounds like a cool place though. The Sheffield Wargames society has it on Wednesdays, there's a salsa dancing class on Thursdays and then Jeff comes to rock the joint on Friday.

i think i might be going to the sheffield gig aswell- i moved to leeds on the day he was playing here but didn't unpack quick enough to catch him Sad how far is the station from this polish catholic centre? and do you know how much its costs to get a train from leeds to sheffield? has got to be the most random place for a gig. ever.
tomic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosie wrote:

i think i might be going to the sheffield gig aswell- i moved to leeds on the day he was playing here but didn't unpack quick enough to catch him Sad how far is the station from this polish catholic centre? and do you know how much its costs to get a train from leeds to sheffield? has got to be the most random place for a gig. ever.

Hi Rosie, I hope I didn't leave this message too late (only 33 hrs and 43 mins to the show as I type).

Depending on how energetic/skint you are, the Polish Catholic Centre (aka Millennium Hall) is 10 mins by taxi, a 5 min walk & 10 min bus ride (81 or 82 from Leopold St, next to Virgin megastore) or a walk of maybe 30-40 mins I'd guess. For taxi and bus you'd have to say you're going to Hunter's Bar. If you're walking your best bet is to get directions to the Moor, then from there to Ecclesall Road then just keep walking till you see the Millennium Hall on your right (opposite the Porter Brook pub I think). If you hit Hunter's Bar roundabout you've just gone past it.

See you there.