$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Jack is...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alastair

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Jack is... Reply with quote

No posts about him yet? Alas. Well then I'll say something - Jack is a very handsome chap with a very beautiful girlfriend, but he doesn't half leave his money in stupid places...
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

héhé i added the Jack section yesterday, taht's why there's no messages yet
david-bee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: jack's the shit!! Reply with quote

yo, people have got to recognize...Jack is fucking brilliant!!!! Anyone who has seen Jack's solo band on the new york scene knows what a dynamo this kid is. And have you ever seen him on the dancefloor. He is a total balls out lunatic!! He is such a frenetic spazz on bass. He is one of the kindest, most humble and caring people I know. And his songs are utterly profound, come on people. Another Girl!?!?!?!?!?!? He is going to be inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame for that one in fifty years when they finally catch up to it. You might as well jump on the band wagon now five decades early. That's only one of many. Get out there and buy that seven inch on hallso records in london. Listen to those songs a few times and you are hooked. The blurry childish imagery painted by his lyrics say in a few dribbled out scrawls what it takes Jeff a two thousand word epic to say. I'm not saying one is better than the other, I love em both, but they are two sides of the same brain man. Jeff is the left hemisphere and Jack is the right. Don't underestimate his role in the band. Jeff is no doubt a genius, but he would lose %50 of his steam if you took Jack out of the equation. It's just that our society values the masculine, logical right brain so much more, so Jeff gets the glory. Jeff knows how to get things done. Poor Jack gets nothing but slack his whole life, always living in the shadow. But that's alright friends, because one day feminity will again rule the earth in the end the glory will be his, I am sure of it.

I can't say enough about him. I love him so much.
ema

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*broad grin*

david bee...hehe! ; )
and yes, jack is fucking brilliant !!!
Kieron

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Jack when he played here in Edinburgh a few months ago with his brother. He gave me a bottle of Tennants lager. I've kept the bottle. I met him once before when I lived in Birmingham (UK) and he gave me a demo CD of some of his stuff, for free. It was ace. I don't remember much from that night though. I was very drunk. But he's such a nice guy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bibasse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Yeah it's true Reply with quote

I saw the Jeff Lightning Lewis & the Meteorites in Rennes the 10/27, and Jack was very, very impressing. He brought such a tension, I guess he was providing electricity. The balance between his brother's softness and Jack's agressive playing was totally awesome!

(*) Limited to 255.
ema

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised do you remember his khaki bonnet with some kinda weird wool tusks on it, he wore that night?!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
bibasse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was freaky and scary at first (well, just like his singing). Plus I remember he was running back and forth on his toes. Wild! I thought that he was a show on his own. Love that guy.

(*) Limited to 255.
ema

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing yeah..... the foot thingie!
yeah, jack has a real stage presence, his yellings are amazingly mental, i really dig his loud songs.......actually i did not think his singing was particularly scary.....he mostly made me grin during all the set! Smile
they really seemed to have a great time together, and that 's not that common !
bibasse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved when the two banged their instruments together at the end of one of the first songs.

De toute évidence, if I ever try to sing like Jack, my friends would say that I'm VERY scary.

(*) Limited to 255.
ema

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeahh, even if it made me think a little bit of doherty and barat, cuz they used to do that with their guitar's neck!when i sing like jack, i just look crazyyy!!!! Very Happy
tali

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually seen Jack more times than I've seen Jeff! He's a pretty rad guy, and he's nice enough to play Sidewalk a heck of a lot more than ol Jeff does.
moe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks....my first writing in this forum (i`m very excited..)
I meet Jack in zurich at the adam green concert and it was amazing....jack is a really nice guy...i think i^m going to take some live pics on the page and also one of me and jack or watch by your own....http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=33356073

cheers

Moe

http://moreeats.bandcamp.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Will Oldham
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Moe, welcome to the board. I liked your pics

www.myspace.com/will_oldham_horror
moe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks chief Wink

http://moreeats.bandcamp.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger