Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Jack's Green Tour on my space [updated]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Jack's Green Tour on my space [updated] Reply with quote

Jack is posting a diary of the tour on my space.
here is the url to check it : http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=16372261&blogID=103976698&MyToken=3cbda909-490a-4a49-be40-eb24b81f383d

Jack's Green Tour (day 1-9)

This is jack's tour diary (some names have been changed to protect the innocent)
this is not by jeff, (he wants me to say this)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 1
Fly to London (I take two sleeping pills, but still I watch Goodnight and Goodluck before going to sleep)
Then fly to Berlin,
We meet our driver Jasmin she is super awesome and cool. It's great to meet a new cool person.
The woman that helped us get our driver. (we'll call her Susan)
There is some confusion and the car is a bit small.
Jeff tries to tell Susan that she can't really come, but she is mad. She flew from London to travel and play with us. This was all unclear because this tour came up so fast. We thought she lived in Germany and was friends with Jasmin, but she is not.
We decide to cram everyone in anyway and leave for Hamburg.
When we get into the city it starts pouring, we find out the next day it was a tornado. Everything is moving slow and we can't find the right street.
We finally arrive and Adam tells us we missed our show.
Only Son is playing. Jeff is able to play three songs (he does great version of Moving to about 1000 people). But it's great to see all the guys again (Jack, Steven, Parker, Nate and Adam and the crew Ranada, Erica and Pete)

We realize that it will not work out traveling with Susan. There are some personality conflicts. We tell her that it would be best if we gave her money for a train back to Berlin. She tells us that she wants to stay. Dave talks to her for an hour, but she still wants to stay.
At the end of the night we tell her she has to go back and we have a bad argument.
We give her money for a Hotel and train ticket.

We sleep at the house of the band JaKoenigJa.
They are so nice and play us great records we never heard.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 2

The next morning we leave early for Leipsig, it's a long drive and I l sleep most of the way. We don't want to miss another show. We make it no problem.
We arrive and sound check. My bass seems broken. When I play the notes are all wrong.
Then I realize I used my tuner wrong and made all notes backwards (G=E, D=A, A=D, E=G) but once I realize and fix it, everything is fine. The sound guy looks annoyed. He only has to work with us (Adam and Only Son share a soundman) but he doesn't seem to like our soft loud, soft, dynamic.
We play, and it's fun. Great reaction to new song Kids on Tour. We sell a record number of CDs.

(people=1000)
day 3-
another long drive to Essen, Jeff forgot my book in berlin, that bastard.
I sleep again.
We run out of gas cause everyone forgot to check. But it's not too bad cause
There's a gas station nearby,
We get to the club, which is a really nice movie theater. We've switched sets with Only Son tonight. We sound check and eat dinner. We play a really good show, but again I screw up cause I've plugged in my distortion pedal wrong. When I press it during Upside Down Cross (new song!) it just turns me off, but I tell the sound guy and I'm able to fix it in the middle of the song.
We sell a new record of CDs, we're almost out after only two days.
After the show we drive all night to Berlin,
(people=1100)

So lets see where were we?
day 4-
In Berlin we have a day off, but we wake up late and check Internet at a caf.
Then we meet up with Andre Herman Dune and Freschard and Jules. We just saw them a couple weeks ago in Berlin. Had no idea we would be back so soon.
We eat at the delicious and cheap Turkish place I lost all my tour money two weeks ago (I also found it a couple hours laterI love that Turkish place. It has good luck.
Then we head to Andres and Freschards so Jeff and Jasmine can work on producing a DVD of Jeffs lo-fi videos.
I get really cranky and annoyed hanging there for 5-6 hours. I want to leave to see our friends the Wowz and Huggabroomstick at a bar where Jules is DJing. (Theyre all on tour in Germany)I also want to wake up early t go see the Berlin biennial.
But we dont get to the bar till 3 or 4. Still its a ton of fun to dance my ass off with Johnny D. Sam, Dashan, Le Horror Me, Christine and everyone else.
Also I kick as son the foozball table, winning three times in a row and later another three times. Unbeaten for the night! Though Andre HD gives me a run for the money, hes a surprising great offensive player. Ill have to challenge him soon.
Then we all leave. I stay at Jules just like I did before (read my Tour Diary comic)
day 5
The next day is our show, but we have the whole day and I go to the disappointing Berlin Biennial. Then I head to meet everyone at the huge place were playing the Tempoddrome. Its massive from the outside.
Its like a little stadium.

Its really weird to play such a huge place with a lot of our friends in the audience (The Wowz, Huggabroomstick, Andre and Fresh, Sibsi and the Berlin crew)
But he show goes pretty good well except that were pretty much out of CDs (our best way to make money on this tour) and Sanctuary (our record company in Germany) forgets
To bring us more CDs, so were out till Milan.

After the show its off sleep. And the next day to Munich.
day 6-
Its beautiful and sunny and feels like Italy but Ive never been (be there in a couple days)
We again have the whole day to explore. I look for a museum but get lost. Were playing in what looks like an old Palace. Its pretty decadent. We also need a place to stay.
We ask the audience but no one offers.
After the show were deciding about what to do. Outside there are a couple Adam fans waiting for him and one of them Kirk and his girlfriend Dorethee offer their place which is very nice. (thanks guys)
The next day its off to Austria, Vienna.
day 7-
Hello again (written a few days ago)
Right now were in a small city in Austria called
Lintz, with
Some very nice Internet wireless, Im trying to think
Of all the emails I should send.
Last night we were in Vienna playing our first stand
Up show,
All the shows before were sit down. I was hoping
Adrian's family would come, but no luck. No Michna's at the
show. There was this weird couple who videotaped Jeff for an
interview and after the show `forced` me to take them
backstage. I had half a joint on our table back there,
and then it disappeared,
when I asked where it was they said they didnt know,
then it magically appeared and they said they found
it. then they asked if the projector was ours and when I
said yes they said they wanted to take it but now they
wouldnt I wanted to wake up early and see some of the city,
but I didnt feel so inspired, and slept in.

Tonight we get on the tour bus, I hope it goes okay, I
and we head to Italy, I hope I have time to see some of the city,
Maybe even the Sistine chapel?
Well see.
Day 8
First night on the bus and its a little hard to sleep in my little bunk, but its cozy.
Its really weird and amazing on the bus. Were so used to our DIY travel, but here we are on damn tour bus sleeping at night and driving to the next town, watching DVDs.
I want to play some play station but there arent any games.

We have a day off in lovely Verona, its nice to wake up in Italy, my first time here,
Nate, Parker, Jeff and I walk off and find a caf for breakfast and cappuccino.
We walk along a beautiful canal and up a large hill to a scenic outlook on the whole city.
Verona Im told is where Shakespeare set Romeo and Juliet, supposedly based on a true story. We hang out on the hill and soon jack and Steven show up. I guess everyone had the same hill in mind. We all head down and walk through the market I buy some presents and walk around. Jeff buys a canola, but its a fake one, arg, not like the nice ones we get on the LES. Theres a lovely little Coliseum here that looks like the one I hope to see in Rome. At night we head out to dinner and then its back on the bus for the trip to Rome.
day 9
I wake up in traffic in Rome; eventually we arrive at the club. It turns out Black Dice are also playing tonight, a late show, Its a nice bonus. Jeff and I leave quickly to find the Sistine chapel and real Coliseum. Taxis wont stop for us but still we wait a half hour. We get the subway and totally get twisted up and it takes us an extra hour to finally get to the Vatican, hurray, I cant believe we actually have this chance. We get to see the Sistine chapel and then take the train to the Coliseum and then its back to the club for sound check. We play to just a few people but its fun and then we hang out with Black Dice who are super nice folk and play a cool show with projections and drum percussion
Also there in Rome another surprise. Its Susan (remember her from day 1?) she seems okay and pretends nothing happened. Oh dear.

Then its off to the bus for sleep and Milan.
day 10
Wake up in Milan, and go to a small market to buy more gifts for my girlfriend and friends back home. Were in the suburbs but one of the promoters tells us how to get to the center by subway and I head off by myself. Its another amazing European city with a grand Cathedral and classic architecture. I walk around quite awhile, I think I like it more then the bits I saw of Rome. I see some posters and believe this is where a lot of Di vincis work it, I think The Last Supper is here, but I dont really look for it. I still have found out if this was true. Its back to the venue where we play to a small crowd and Jeff ends the set short sending Dave and me in awful moods. Arg, I go and sulk on the bus and then write some postcards and get some gelato to cheer me up. . I forgot to mention I bought cheapest Playstation game I could find in Verona- a 10 euro racing game, thats pretty bad, but okay for a little entertainment. I play that to console me as well.

The next day we travel to Zurich.

Last edited by Dav on Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Will Oldham
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Dav, Ive been following this on myspace too, Im really enjoying Jacks window into lifeon the road.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of his comic tour diary???

www.myspace.com/will_oldham_horror
ema

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, i dunno....maybe we could ask him tomorrow ?! Wink
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we could Wink

ema

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahah, maybe you could?! Embarassed ohhh you're gonna laugh at me tomorrow...me and my terrible accent! Rolling Eyes Laughing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably

ema

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhhaaarr...you're so mean!!!! ....and you never heard dav talkin' in english, hehhehe... after that, you'll think i'm bilingual ...and now, i'm the mean one! Razz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just kidding, my guitars in its case ready to go, we can communicate though music if needs be lol

ema

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehhe, good! and btw, don't forget our phone number and did dav gave you the cell phone number, don't forget this one too........arff...i 'm deffo the mommy of this board!!! Rolling Eyes Laughing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I got it, thanks mum

Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

polka dot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dav wrote:

am I the only one who thinks that those smilies look like they're writhing in pain? Confused

x
Will Oldham
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

polka dot wrote:
Dav wrote:

am I the only one who thinks that those smilies look like they're writhing in pain? Confused

x

At first I though it was a guy being very angry Laughing