$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

New album still waiting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:26 am    Post subject: New album still waiting Reply with quote

At this point, based on my discussions with a couple different record label situations, it seems there's no way my new album is going to come out until 2025 at the earliest! Which is a bit frustrating because the recordings were finished in 2023! But these things just take a long time these days. I hope I can get this sorted out ASAP because it's already been a long-ish time since the last album, Bad Wiring was released in 2019! That's a long time ago.
In the meantime, I've been continuing to release my home-made recordings on Bandcamp, plus I've been continuing to experiment with releasing other recordings into the streaming-realm (Apple, Spotify, Tidal, all the usual streaming locations).
So even though the official new album seems like it won't be out for a long time there will still be some new stuff coming out here and there.
The most recent thing I've put out is the song "It Could Be Worse", a recording from 2022, which is now on streaming as of about a week ago.
I've got more stuff lined up for streaming release in the coming weeks and months!
neverstop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff!

This is a bummer. Self releasing on bandcamp is no option? Wink

Best.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Bandcamp is always an easy enough option, and also releasing into streaming is easy to do. But these things don't seem to count as "real" releases, when I'm trying to book concerts and tours, the clubs and festivals only want to know when my most recent "real" release has been!