$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Vinyl Reissues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ELLIOT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:32 pm    Post subject: Vinyl Reissues Reply with quote

Jeff, will you be pressing more copies of the first two LPs which are sold out on the website? I initially held off ordering the bundle due to shipping and taxes to the UK but now tempted to take the plunge on the reissues since doesn’t seem to a UK distributor.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm unfortunately STILL waiting for the NY pressing plant to be able to complete the order for those LPs, an order which I paid for in June of 2021. That's a long time ago! The only reason I did the pre-sale offer in June of 2022 is that the pressing plant (BrooklynPhono) informed me that all 6 LPs would be ready for me to pick up on June 10. I was afraid of my ability to store 3,000 LPs all at the same time (I had ordered 500 each of all 6 albums, for 3,000 LPs total), so i figured if I did a big pre-sale deal I could move a bunch of those LPs out of my hands as soon as I got them. So I announce the pre-sale, a bunch of people ordered the LPs, then I went with a van and a couple of hired helpers to the BrooklynPhono plant to pick up the albums... and they weren't there! I don't know why BrooklynPhono told me I should come by after June 10 to get the records.
What has happened since then is that BrooklynPhono has occasionally been able to provide me with some of the records. At this point I've got most of them in stock, except for It's the Ones Who've Cracked (and I only have a few copies of Last Time I Did Acid, which were all sold to pre-order customers, but BrooklynPhono still owes me another 400 units of Last Time LPs). The current problem (according to BrooklynPhono) is the lack of color vinyl. I could make the missing LPs on some random vinyl colors that they do currently have available, but I have already paid to print cover stickers for all the LPs which state the color of the vinyl inside, so I would perhaps need to reprint all those stickers to state the correct vinyl-color inside. It's not the worst option in the world, but it isn't ideal.
At the moment, BrooklynPhono tells me that they will have the correct vinyl color for Ones Who've Cracked in March 2023. A couple months from now.
So, if that's true, it means I'll be able to start having that LP in stock on my website, and then I'd just be awaiting the remaining copies of Last Time I Did Acid.
ELLIOT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, thanks for the update. I was surprised that two of the LPs had sold out instantly so it makes sense you didn’t have those ones yet. Would you consider doing another bundle (even without the discount) for people, like me, who would like the complete set? Appreciate it wouldn’t be posted until later this year when you have all the LPs.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was hoping to sell a few more 6-LP bundle sets, but I think I need to wait until I can actually get the records first, this whole process has taught me the dangers of doing a "pre-sale," it's better to only sell things I actually have in my hands!
andyBLR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just returned to this board after many, many years to ask about getting the reissues in the UK (can't believe I remembered my password!)
Is my best bet to wait for all 6 to be back in stock and order in one go to save a bit on postage? are the others likely to sell out in the meantime?
Or do I need to dive in and order what is available now and keep checking in?
ELLIOT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s not just the postage. There are often other fees for processing the delivery and/or tax that always seem to be added when receiving LPs from the US or, sadly now the UK’s left the EU, Europe so one big order is def. cheaper than separate ones.
ELLIOT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve just tried to order all six LPs from Jeff’s site but the Shop.App it goes though keeps saying shipping is not available for the selected address. I tried my dad’s address too with no joy so seems to be an issue ordering for the UK. I messaged Jeff but thought I would flag in case others have had issues.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paige who helps me with my online orders has been looking into solving this, and there seems to be some mysterious problem with the shipping features for the "12 Crass Songs" LP on orders to UK/Europe, any combination of LPs or single LPs can all be ordered from me on my webstore but if "12 Crass Songs" is included anywhere in the order, the whole order is blocked from being able to be sold/shipped to UK/Eu addresses! i think Paige will have this solved soon, it's some weird thing in the product listing where it only allows certain shipping options, but not international options, and that just needs to be switched off. Might be solved currently (I hope).
Sorry for any hassles and confusions!