$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Chat with me, all welcome

View previous topic :: View next topic  
misshelenc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:12 pm    Post subject: Chat with me, all welcome Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Hope you are all good.
The other day I heard someone complimenting piers Morgan and it upset me to the point that I had to listen to loads of Jeff Lewis and bands to make me feel okay to be me again. Thanks everyone involved. You were very needed.
I have a kitten and he’s beautiful and kind and cuddly, making me feel better often. Even if I do have to wander round behind him making sure he is not wrecking my property and furniture.
My dads in hospital, been really unwell. I have been going back and forth to see him. We played him music in a coma and he strummed his thumb like he was on his guitar. He is doing better now but still listens to the playlist we made as a family with all his best tunes on every day to help his brain get better.
Music is everything sometimes.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you're going through this difficult time with your dad being in the hospital, it's really good that you're able to be there and visit. All we can do is to try to do right things, giving our presence, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who sometimes only has music to hold on to, or for the access to remembering that there's lots of good things to feel. You may be pleased to know that I have no idea who Piers Morgan is. I thought you meant the person who played James Bond but then I started thinking I think that's Piers Bronson or something.
There was finally a real snowfall in NYC, last night. It's been unsettling to have a winter without the beautiful snow part of winter. It looked really beautiful coming down last night.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate, appreciate your kindness. We are taking it one day at a time with dad, which we have to as new madness happens every day. He’s so fragile but he is fighting. Now he is awake more he recognises the family and laughs at family jokes and things. Well, kind of. He can’t really talk well, plus he can’t move and he’s on a tube for feeding because he can’t eat, so looks like he will be in hospital a while. But yes, he is such a visited man and he has an iPad to listen to tv and music and the hospital staff are being amazing so everything is going well in that respect.
Piers Morgan definitely isn’t bond, he wishes! Sorry to be the one to inform you but he is a streaky slice of gammon that chats right wing shit on British tv. Not someone whose views should be complimented in my opinion. The crass songs certainly helped there. He tries to muscle into America sometimes so I’m glad he hasn’t reached you until now.
I hope you’re somewhere warm from the snow. It is pretty and makes everything look so tidy when it’s all covered. No snow for me yet this year although it still could snow, I hate being cold so it’s a good thing for me at least. Have a house day if you can afford the heating!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m going to see the band in may, can’t wait.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a rough time here as dad passed away on March 22nd. We have been organising his celebration of life. I’m going to read a poem. Lots of amazing music in his service and his guitars on display with his poetry, art work and other important things to him. Music is helping a lot right now.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven’t talked to myself here in ages, hello everyone.
Things have been busy as I was abroad and am now buying a house. Still time for loads of singing every day though. Does anyone like the interrupters? They make me so happy with their strong lyrics. Always playing the Jeffrey lewis band as well of course, I revisited the Covid album while ironing the other day and remembered how crazy it all was for a few years.
My cat turned one, he is amazing.