$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Europe 2022

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chocabloc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject: Europe 2022 Reply with quote

Hi Jeff! And the rest of the message board!

I'm just wondering if you have any plans, pre-plans or vague thoughts about playing in Europe anytime in the future. It would be terrific to see in this part of the world again. I can't imagine the amount of expense, risk and commitment that it would involve, but I, personally, would be very happy about it.

Hope everyone's safe and healthy!
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2022 certainly is the big question! At the moment here's how it's looking:
1) I have a 12-day eastern Canada tour planned with the Burning Hell in April, it will be announced this week. They set it up, I just have to fly up there (solo) and jump in their car with them to join them, so that will be very cool and relatively easy for me. It has been a bit iffy with the unknown border restrictions and shifting rules and venue-closings in Canada, but at the moment it is looking good (hopefully it continues to look good, since i have to commit to booking flights soon!).
2) There's some additional Canada stuff I can do with the Burning Hell in July, in western Canada, again they are setting it up so all i have to do is show up.
3) There's a 4-day solo-acoustic Scotland tour that I was supposed to do in Sept 2020, it got pushed back to Sept 2021, then pushed back again to Sept 2022. At the moment it is on the calendar for Sept 2022... it's some kind of arts-funding thing, where they promote acoustic music in small towns in north Scotland, so I would not be with my band, but it could be a good opportunity to plan additional UK and/or Europe stuff.
4) THere's also a 2-day offer for a gig-weekend at a small venue I like to play in Bremen Germany, the week after the 4-day Scotland thing is supposed to happen, so it does seem to make sense to plan for more UK/Europe shows at that time, in mid-September. It's a little confusing because I HAVE to play the Scotland stuff solo acoustic, but the Bremen offer I could do solo or with band, so, I don't know what else to think about at that time. But I should start trying to think of a plan.
5) There's also a booking agent that I had a couple of meetings with the last time I was touring overseas, in Feb/March 2020, and it would definitely be very helpful if this agent took on the task of organizing some stuff for me in Europe for Sept maybe! I have always had a distrust of working with booking agents, after some bad early experiences, when I realized I needed to book everything myself if I wanted it to function properly. But it has also been a big dream of mine to not have to spend so much of my life doing booking work, so I do want to try working with this agent person at some point, just to see if it works.
So... I don't know... everybody is a bit nervous to book things because it takes so much work to book a tour and then it is a complete waste of time if the tour gets cancelled or messed up because of virus-surges. But everybody is hoping 2022 is the year things start to be more possible! And of course I want to do more USA touring as soon as possible too.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A uk tour in September sounds good! Hopefully it’s not august when I’m cruising x
chocabloc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I'm sure you'll get a great reception if you make it!
jefflewis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how things are shaping up for my Europe/UK plans in September 2022!
Sept 15 - Hannover, Germany? (solo acoustic)
Sept 16 - Bremen, Germany (confirmed) (solo acoustic)
Sept 17 - Bremen, Germany (confirmed) (solo acoustic)
Sept 18 - Hamburg, Germany? (solo acoustic)
Sept 19 - Berlin, Germany? (solo acoustic)
Sept 20 - ? (travel day maybe?)
Sept 21 - Inverness Scotland (solo acoustic)
Sept 22 - Shetland Islands, Scotland (solo acoustic)
Sept 23 - St Andrews, Scotland (solo acoustic)
Sept 24 - Peebles, Scotland (solo acoustic)
Sept 25 - Oct 2 - hopefully eight full-band gigs in England? Working on it!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I’m so glad you’re able to get out and about again. New places are good to see when we’ve all been stuck in our local area for ages. When I can book a ticket for something I will x