Jeff Lewis Forum Index
$1.75 US
$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

So annoyed at the new Covid spike in NYC...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a result of the above post I headed over and had a look. Get well soon. I hope it’s a mild case that you recover fully from. Thinking of you Jeffrey. Don’t get too lonely during this time either, reach out to anyone that makes you feel happy x
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the well-wishes everybody!
The good news is that I really feel no bad physical effects, really, zero, no fever, no coughing, I don't think there's anything out of the ordinary with my health.
But the bad news is that I lost my sense of taste! It is scary and weird and unpleasant! I have heard all sorts of different reports from friends about how long it might take to come back. I think I'll do a comic about it soon!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you are on the milder end of Covid, hopefully none of those symptoms will appear since you’ve had three jabs. It’s still rife here, my niece has it at the moment with pretty much no symptoms too. Are we heading to the end of the panic about Covid and leading into a place that we were with other “winter” illnesses like flu in that we know they are a risk especially for the vulnerable but most people just crack on with life and if they get it they recover and move on? Looking forward to the Covid comic!
I booked a cruise today to “Western Europe” in august. Had enough of Wales after all this time.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so cool that you booked that trip! Sounds great! Hope I get to do some traveling like that before too long. Everybody's still waiting for "the roaring 20s" to begin!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I have never cruised before but am told it’s good so give it a go. Fingers crossed it can actually go ahead with Covid and everything. I hate flying so this is an alternative to that. I plan to get a lot of reading done and see some new places and finally get out of the uk after years. I think this summer might be a better situation with Covid and currently there are no rules to go to any of the places except a Covid test two days after return so it hopefully won’t be so horrendous.

How are you feeling now Jeffrey, still all good except taste?
jefflewis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sense of taste seems to be back, or at least mostly back, it's hard to know if it's 100% but it's certainly way better than it was! So, what is today, Thursday, I guess that basically took one week to return. Which is not so bad. And I never felt any other symptoms. I tested negative on 2 antigen tests and tested negative on 1 PCR test, so it seems the Omicron is gone from my system, that was very fast and very easy really, no coughing or anything! Felt fine the whole time. What a relief! I guess I'm done with this business, happy to report! Hope everybody's doing good.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear Jeffrey, you survived and maybe you will feel less anxious now. We have all been worried about this for so many months that when it happens and it’s not that bad it may make you calmer? I’m glad you can get back to your eating, I know from the tapes it’s one of your favourite times of day and I was sad it was taken from you!
Hope everyone on here is well and happy x
misshelenc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the world out there doing everyone?
Here in wales we are having a few changes regarding mask wearing at the end of the month which is a big change as masks have been compulsory everywhere here since the beginning of the pandemic. Lots of places will still be compulsory but not everywhere any more. Covid is everywhere but mostly something people seem to be making a full recovery from within about two weeks to a month so I guess they have to accept that life goes on and this is a risk just like a load of other things every time you leave your house.
That aside I have ordered the new JL comic via forbidden planet uk so am looking forward to that arriving in the future!