$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

the pigeon stool newspaper

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mama

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject: the pigeon stool newspaper Reply with quote

Hey

Many years ago..2009? There was a free music newspaper here in the UK and I recall Jeff having several strips in the paper. I don't remember ever seeing them elsewhere and I got to wondering where are they now? I wish I had the foresight to cut them out and keep them! If you could post them here that would be great Smile
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I don't remember doing exclusive strips for a paper? I did do a lot of small comix, like one-pagers and strips, for many publications in the era like 2002-2004, it was my "Worldwide Comix Scavenger Hunt" project, so it's possible that some of those were in the Stool Pigeon paper? Oh wait actually I'm now remembering there was some other series of short comix that I did for some other publication, about music I think, maybe it was Plan B or something like that, I did a thing about what i like to eat, a thing about the Ramones, a thing about the Fugs, a thing about scary movies, a thing about my first concert-going experience... i think that was all for one magazine.. but i forget which... If I collected and reprinted all of that stuff I'd have enough for a full comic to put out (maybe even a long 40-page comic or longer), but it's a lot of not-great material I think, I don't know if it's really worth publishing and putting together. I kind of wish there was a way to make fewer copies when I make something, but when I publish a comic book I kind of have to make at least 2,000 copies (and 3,000 is much better), to keep it affordable. So it seems weird to make thousands of copies of material that I don't think is my best.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve got an issue of the guardian magazine Jeff drew but it was definitely pre-2009. Not sure if that’s it? I’ve not got it to hand but am aiming to move house next year so no doubt will find it when organising for that.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the Guardian thing you're thinking of was this 2008 comic:
https://thejeffreylewissite.com/art-category/comix-projects/freelance-work/guardian-uk-2-page-comic/
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it is Jeff, good work!
mama

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as a fan who loves to see more Jeff comics in print, maybe you could do a limited print run that comes with the new Statics #1 for pre-orders. Maybe two options, Statics for $5 , Statics and Odds and Ends for $12 or whatever. Just my two cents trying to more of your great work!