$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

New registered board users?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject: New registered board users? Reply with quote

It was just brought to my attention that there's once again some issues with registering as a new user on this board - It seems there were a bunch of requests to join the board over the past couple years, which apparently need to be approved by me, but they were all going to the spam folder of my old yahoo email address! I do still check that yahoo account, I use it for some stuff, but I basically never ever check the spam folder of that yahoo account. I think there was a time when a number of fake robot accounts were being registered, so the system switched to a system where I need to personally approve each new user by clicking a link... But then somehow those approval-requests started going into my spam box!
So for the 10 or 15 people who have failed to be able to register as new users, I'm sorry I never saw the requests!
I think I have fixed the problem now...
Of course, I know this whole message board thing is a very old, obsolete form of internet page. It was a popular form about 15 years ago, but the rise of Facebook and Instagram and Twitter etc have essentially driven message boards into extinction. However, it seems to me that there's still a function of a board like this, because the way the information is organized by topic is much clearer than on those other platforms. Discussions of set lists, or conversations between people about swapping extra tickets, or open-source crowd resources for chords, tabs, lyrics, tour dates, related topics, and other discussions, all of that seems better organized here, and better archived here, and more accessible to potential future users.
There are other forums like this which still exist on the internet... I stop by at the Fall Forum once in a while, and stuff like that.
But basically I feel dumb that there seemingly WERE a few more people who WANTED to use this forum and couldn't participate because their approval-requests were stuck in invisible spam limbo.
Hopefully the problem is fixed.
Later!
Jade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww please don't feel bad Jeffrey - it's such an amazing forum, and it's an honour to have joined.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can all tell where you've joined from from the way you spell honor!
: D
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honour spelt the proper way! Welcome jade x
Jade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Thank you so much for welcoming me! You're all so lovely! xxxxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see another woman on here, the Jeffrey Lewis site is female friendly and we need more representation!