message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

The Story of Chile
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really intense to hear about those new lockdown situations, I didn't even realize things had gotten so bad in those areas. At least with the vaccine continuing to be distributed and administered, all of this is slowly coming to an end, even if it takes a while (and even if it gets worse in the meantime). That's a very different feeling tha having things feel like they're going on with no end in sight, and no hope of a changed situation.
My mom is also doing lots of jigsaw puzzles... I wonder if the jigsaw puzzle industry has been extra successful during these times! Such an old-fashioned form of entertainment, so analogue, it's nice that it's still thriving and effective!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah things are really bad in the uk Covid wise. Pretty much everyone is feeling depressed by it all. America seems bad too according to uk news but it seems some people get anarchy curious there when rights are taken away so maybe the culture is to let people keep more freedoms, I don’t know.
Loads of puzzles must have been sold! I know for a fact craft industries have made a killing and writing paper and envelope sales have gone through the roof. I like a traditional pastime. Technology goes wrong and gets frustrating but a puzzle or writing a letter or knitting is always there for you. When I was a little girl around five I was the puzzle queen, it was my job in school to do all the puzzles and check the pieces were there at the end of the day because I was so speedy at them. There’s a reason autism is represented as a puzzle piece and it’s not just because we don’t fit in anywhere! X