$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Hi from the Berlin fanbase :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linomat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Hi from the Berlin fanbase :) Reply with quote

Cycling home through my Berlin neighbourhood, Prenzlauer Berg, I suddenly heard "LPs" very loud out of a car driving by. It made me super happy, so I wanted to share it.
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha it's great when tht sort of things happen
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously have cooler neighbours than me!
I was in a restaurant with a dj once and they played Jeff Lewis and one of my other favourites Bright Eyes during the time I was in there. I think I would have married him on the spot if he’s have asked ! Haha x
linomat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if serendipity is the right word for things like this?

I can well imagine your happiness & love for that DJ Smile

Sadly, most of my neighbourhood isn't that cool anymore, as this area was among the first to be sold out and get gentrified. The rest of Berlin follows, becoming spotless & shiny. Luckily, some cool people and places are left, even though the air gets thinner day by day.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that only people with terrible music taste play it loud in my neighbourhood!
I think that most western places end up like that. Cardiff bay was a place you’d avoid at all costs 20 years ago, now it’s very nice and you can pay a fortune to live there. Another part of Cardiff has a steel works and is covered constantly in a hideous layer of polluted grey but people getting on the property ladder have been forced to buy there as they can’t afford anywhere else. Before it was run down and dodgy but the new families seem to be raising it up a bit.
I have a bit of a thing for boys with a good taste in music, they don’t even have to be pretty if I think they’ll sit and talk great albums with me. Same for reading boys. Cleverness and good taste are very hot! X
jefflewis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so cool about the car in Berlin!
I'm in a hotel room in Tucson Arizona... this venue Club Congress has hotel rooms upstairs for the bands to stay in, really nice, sort of a European style housing situation that we rarely find in the USA!
It's 2am... I got a phonecall on my room phone that I needed to put on pants and go downstairs because our car was open... so I put shoes and pants on and went down... And it was true, the back of the car was wide open! But the drums and everything was still inside, it seemed... I have no idea why the back was open. I closed it, locked it and went back to bed.
10 minutes later the phone rang again - they said "somebody just backed into your car and the police want to talk to you, you have to come downstairs again" - it's like 2:15am!! So I put pants and shoes on AGAIN and went downstairs, gave some information to the cops, looks like a drunk driver scraped against our car, not too bad, just a couple little scratches.
Now I'm back in bed again... I hope that's the end of the car-excitement for tonight! Have to wake up early, it's a loooooooong drive day tomorrow to the middle of Texas! xoJL
linomat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Misshelenc: Seems that's just the (sad & annoying) way capitalism goes, no matter where. I wish you more neighbours with good music taste Smile And that gentrification doesn't come closer and you can live/stay where you want to!

@Jeff: How awful - who wants to get up twice like that plus talk to the cops in the middle of the night... Great that everything was still there at least and the car still serviceable. Tucson to Austin seems a hell of a distance (google says 893 miles - I think I never drove that far at once) - hope you get there safe and have a good continuation of your tour, with no more (car)trouble...
misshelenc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God that’s awful about the car. I love my sleep! It could have been worse, sure, but a lack of sleep is bad enough. Safe drive all, wish I could be at the gig tonight!
I am very lucky that I have a house and warmth and safety, that’s the main thing, but cool music lovers would be a bonus. On the one side the lady loves one direction and the kids on my other side love little mix so it’s only me being strange with my punk rock and depressing singer songwriters in the middle!
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, that's a funny musical mash up...
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s okay as long as we don’t play it all at once in the summer when the windows are all open. X
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I returned the rental car back home here in NYC and the company did not say anything about the scratches... I wonder if I will get a notification later...!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully you got away with that one as wear and tear.