$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Concert in Knoydart, Scotland

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dazmann

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Concert in Knoydart, Scotland Reply with quote

Jeff - did the planned concert in Knoydart, Scotland go ahead? It was scheduled for Sept 2017.

Its one of the most remote places in the UK. How did you find it? Did you get much of an audience?

Lastly, it was billed as "Jeffrey Lewis & The Burning Hell". Who are the Burning Hell?
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was so cool and weird! We had to take a ferry to get there, it's not an island but the area has no roads that get there... a couple people said they walked two days to get to Knoydart! I was on tour in Scotland with the Burning Hell, that's Ariel & Mathias from Canada, I met them when they were living in Berlin and I've become a big fan. The Burning Hell album "People" is a real masterpiece, in my opinion... check it out here!
https://theburninghell.bandcamp.com/album/people

There were about 40-50 people at the Knoydart show, really pretty good, it was in a little town hall sort of room, with a good stage, good sound system.
The smallest show on the Scotland tour was in Wick I think, which was maybe 12 people, that was on a little riser in a hotel lobby, simple PA/speakers/microphone, free show.
The biggest disappointment about the Knoydart gig for me was that I really wanted to explore Knoydart a bit more, but the rain never stopped long enough. I planned to wake up early and jog around and see the area but as soon as I started out the rain started again, I ran a bit further but started getting too wet and had to turn back. I can't risk my sneakers getting too wet while I'm on tour, I have no other pair of shoes, they take forever to dry, I'd just be walking around in wet shoes for days, it's horrible when it happens! It's usually very hard to dry things when on tour, you're rarely in one place long enough to set things out for enough time. That's why I never take a towel on the road!