$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

My Watchmen book, on and on...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: My Watchmen book, on and on... Reply with quote

Once again I've gotten it into my head to try to finally finish writing/editing my never-ending book about Watchmen, and I realize I have now been working on this project for TWENTY YEARS... Ugh, insane, what a massive drain of time leading nowhere! Every time I pick it up and try to finish editing it I just think of more and more to write... so it never ends... but now that I've been working on it again this week I only have one more chapter to edit...
But then I still want to write a final little wrap-up chapter, and then there's the big mess of assembling the bibliography into a standard format.
Another problem is that my introduction chapter concerns the history of comic books and the current comic book industry, so of course every time I re-write this chapter the "current comic book industry" has changed again, because I've been re-re-re-re-writing this for twenty years! So I'm scared to look back at that introduction chapter, I think there's a lot of it that will need to be rewritten AGAIN for the hundredth time.
Then there's still the question of what the heck to do with this thing, even if I finish it... But I guess I don't need to worry about that at this point.
Right now just feeling sort of excited to be immersed back in to it and feeling like there might even be an end in sight. Even after all this time I still feel like nobody has written a book like this! Lucky for me. I think.
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to read it once you're done, i remember a video of your watchmen lecture from a few years back and found it really intersting, i usually go online for more info about any Alan Moore comic i finish and it's always full of surprisse and i write down names of books and writers that are mentioned there. I remember a theory of yours in that lecture about riangle and circles in character names and in pictures, i see a lot of these while reading watchmen but i can't figure out what the theory was, anyway a good watchmen guide to do deeper in the book would be highly appreciated.
Congratgs on the hardwork Jeff and thanks for the update
misshelenc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twenty years, wow, no wonder it keeps needing updating. Personally I can write about two days of material max before destroying it, which may be why you're a million times more successful than me... really, writing and not losing confidence and sticking with it on and off for all that time is amazing. I'm sure someone will publish it for you, it can only be brilliant if you've done that much thinking and working. x