$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Ireland-England-Norway-Europe in April/May

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Ireland-England-Norway-Europe in April/May Reply with quote

This tour is finally coming together...
I'm still trying to add a couple more dates but here's what we've got:

Thurs April 28th - Belfast, N IRELAND - McHugh's (Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival)

Fri April 29th - Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, IRELAND - Regional Cultural Centre (Distorted Perspectives Festival)

Sat April 30th- Dublin, IRELAND - Upstairs@ Whelans

Sun May 1st -West Cork, IRELAND - Connollys of Leap

Mon May 2 - London UK - DIY Space -(2 gigs, afternoon and evening)

Tues May 3 - Oxford UK - tbc

Wed May 4 - Ramsgate UK - tbc

Thurs May 5th - Bergen, NORWAY - Landmark

Fri May 6th - Egersund, NORWAY - IWAK Festivalen! W/ Steve Wynn, Hamish Kilgour, Danielson, and more!

Sat May 7 - ? (hoping to get confirmed at punk fest in Amsterdam)

Sun May 8 - DAYTIME - Vlieland HOLLAND - early 1pm set at Here Comes the Summer festival.

Sun May 8 - EVENING - Dordrecht HOLLAND - DOOR (Voorstraat 142).

Mon May 9 - Lille, FRANCE - La Péniche

Tues May 10 - Luxembourg - Bar National

Wed May 11 - Munich, GERMANY - Kafe Kult, w/ Beißpony

Thurs May 12 -Rosenheim, GERMANY - Hole Club

Fri May 13 - Weyer, AUSTRIA- - Bertholdsaal

Sat May 14 - Zurich, SWITZERLAND - El Lokal

Sun May 15 - Macon, FRANCE - La Cave À Musique (119, Rue Boullay 71000)

Mon May 16 - ? (Trying to confirm in Marseille)

Tues May 17 - Toulouse FRANCE - tbc/tba

Wed May 18 - ? (Trying to confirm in Bordeaux or Rennes or Nantes)

Thurs May 19 - Paris FRANCE - Espace B (16 rue Barbanègre 75019)

Fri May 20 - Freiburg, GERMANY - Swamp

Sat May 21- Darmstadt, GERMANY - Oetinger Villa

Sun May 22 - Nürnberg, GERMANY - Hemdendienst

Mon May 23- Berlin, GERMANY - Bi Nuu

I think May 23 in Berlin will probably be the last day of the tour, but maybe one (or two) more.

--
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You look busy!
christian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that's gonna be a lot of driving. I wish you a lot of fun and no traffic.

Nice to see you are coming back to Luxembourg, too. Unfortunately I won't be there. I don't even know this venue, I tried to look it up online but didn't find anything
christian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh nevermind I see what it is now, it looks to be brand new, but it's in a theater that I've been to. So I assume they must have done some work to be able to have concerts at their bar space too. That looks like a great idea, I have often thought there should be more concerts in theaters, but maybe it's an accoustics thing?
Dav
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, Rennes would be a thrill, haven't seen you perform since the crass cover tour...
lauragek

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday's evening show was AMAZING! I was already really excited, because I missed Jack, but last time Mem already seemed to kindof bring that energy into the set that Jack does. And then, they played all the songs that are great to see live from City and Eastern songs and Manhattan!

I've just started working on my thesis for school and although the topic, to me, is awesome, it's bringing me a lot of anxiety. I feel like I'm in a bit of a weird spot in my life. But music is dragging me through. And I feel last night's show will keep me going for a while.

When they played Posters, I felt bad I didn't just drag my dad along (like I usually do), because that's his favourite song, especially live (especially with Jack playing bass). When they played Anxiety Attack after, I almost cried because when I discovered Jeff's music, I must've listened to the song a billion times. The repeptitive drum and looping guitar part somehow make my mind feel more at ease (which is funny for a song about an anxiety attack!). But lately, I'm having actual anxiety attacks and the song about it was really accurate and never hit home so much. Thanks Jeff, for putting into words and song what is sometimes actually really hard to understand and explain. And thanks for using the Casio's and drums to play a silly triple-rhythm beat after, so we all had a good laugh.

The rest of the evening I could dance my booty off with Art Land, Something Good, Thunderstorm, Avenue A, Shanghai, Hollywood (GO MEM!), Outta Town, I Got Lost, and maybe some other songs I forgot now. I also met a pretty cool girl that I didn't catch the name of, that seemed like a pretty big fan too. (I should've talked to her more... Or at least remembered her name to add her to facebook!)

At the end of the set you all looked pretty knackered and though it made me sad you had to end, I totally understood Jack starting to shout "okay this is the last song of this set". He and drummer Brent(?) looked real beat at some point. I have big respect for you all driving so much in one day and playing two sets! Hopefully that slightly too nice man didn't bother Mem about going out to some bar anymore... He didn't seem to catch the hint that you just wanted to go to your hotel!

If you read this, please tell Jack once more it was really good to see him back after 6 years, and that nothing compares to his energy and playing in the band. And thanks so much for making my night, week and potentially month Smile
christian

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow sounds like a great show! The first time I saw Jeff was in 2012 with The Junkyard, so they had Jack on bass too, and I remember his great energy as well. Unfortunately I won't be able to see any shows during this tour, but I am glad they are touring together again! And I think a 4-piece band can be more fun than 3-piece, although both are nice.

I don't know if I've ever seen "Posters" live, but it's one of my favourite songs too. "Art Land" and "Something Good" must be great as well, all three are quite "punky" songs to me, must have been great to scream along to them, getting rid of some of that anxiety.

I just wrote my thesis last year and I think I felt quite similar to what you are describing. I also really liked my subject and in many ways I had a lot of fun researching and writing it. But at the same time there is always the fear that you might somehow be doing it wrong, or getting off track, or not meet the deadline... I remember I also listened to a lot of music during that time and it helped me stay more quiet and balanced.

Now I am in a period of stress again and I am discovering this all over again. I feel like most of the time I sort of take music for granted, like something that is a nice way to pass the time, or something that's just always in the background... but then it isn't until I am stressed or sad or feel some other strong emotion that I really notice its, dare I say, healing powers again.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound like you had a nice time hun, I'm happy for you. Especially since it sounds like a night out away from the stresses of life was much needed. Best of luck with your thesis, writing anything of length and quality is virtually impossible for me so you have empathy here. I doubt I can really help but any time you need to moan or sound off feel free to do it in my direction. You too Christian.
I went to a really sad funeral lately and have been listening to a lot of Nick Cave since. It helps to feel everything really strongly but with all that beauty, really look the grief in the face and feel it and miss the person, it helps me.
Loads of love and hope the tour is continuing to go well xxx