$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

June Europe tour...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: June Europe tour... Reply with quote

It's been very difficult to book, but I've finally got a European tour put together in June, at least most of it...
I don't know why it never gets much easier! I've been emailing ten zillion different clubs every day for weeks and months, trying to find new clubs, figuring out which old clubs have closed, which promoters have moved or retired, there are so many places that never respond to emails!
It's partially my fault for starting the tour booking only 3 months ahead of time, Seth Faergolzia tells me that he does his Europe tour-booking 6 months ahead of time and it's much easier. But it's hard for me to plan so far ahead! Luckily I have Sibsi in Germany helping find shows, and a lot of other people whom I've known for many years, who can also help.
SO here is what I have now!

Jeffrey Lewis & The Jrams EUROPE tour in JUNE 2015

Fri June 5 - ? Oslo ? (not sure yet)

Sat June 6 - Kleinreifling, Austria - Seewiesenfest

Sun June 7 - Vienna? Feldkirch? (not sure yet)

Mon June 8- Feldkirch? Barenbach? (not sure yet)

Tues June 9- Barenbach? Strasbourg? (not sure yet)

Wed June 10 - Dijon, France (venue tba)

Thurs June 11 - Lyon, France (venue tba)

Fri June 12 - St. Gallen, Switzerland - The Palace

Sat June 13 - Paris, France - Place des Abbesses (Folk You Fest # 3)

Sun June 14 - Poitiers, France - Le Confort Moderne (4pm gig; "Le Grand Bazar"event!)

Mon June 15 - ? (still trying to find a gig in France...)

Tues June 16 - Lille, France - La Peniche

June 17 - Rouen, France - Le 3 Pièces

Thur June 18 - Brussels, Belgium - Magasin4 (w/ Guillaume Maupin)

Fri June 19 - Hasselt, Belgium - Ecziteria (w/ The Tonsils!)

Sat June 20 - Ghent, Belgium - De Charlatan (w/ The Tonsils!)

Sun June 21- Utrecht, Holland (Ekko)

Mon June 22- ? (Still trying to find a gig, in Holland or Luxembourg or Germany)

Tues June 23 - Aachen, Germany - Musikbunker

Wed June 24 - Darmstadt, Germany - Oetinger Villa

Thu June 25 - Nürnberg, Germany - Hemdendienst

Not sure what I'm doing after June 25. My band will go home to NYC, but maybe I will stay a little longer and do some solo acoustic shows, somewhere.
linomat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff, are you coming to Berlin sometime this year? If you can stay that long after your tour, how about http://www.downbytheriver-berlin.de?
jefflewis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The June tour is all booked!
Except at the very end... I'm trying to add a solo acoustic show in Berlin, after my bandmates head back to NYC.
Maybe my solo acoustic thing in Berlin will be June 26, or maybe it will be at Down By the River fest the next week. Probably makes more sense for it to be June 26. Anyway, I'll figure that out soon I hope.
In the meantime, here's all of the full-band dates, all confirmed at last!

Jeffrey Lewis & the Jrams in Europe in JUNE 2015:

Fri June 5 - Oslo, Norway - BLA

Sat June 6 - Kleinreifling, Austria - Seewiesenfest

Sun June 7 - Feldkirch, Austria - Graf Hugo

Mon June 8 - Bärenbach (near Idar-Oberstein), Germany - Shorty's

Tues June 9- Strasbourg, France - Strasbourg Troc'café

Wed June 10 - Dijon, France (venue tba)

Thurs June 11 - Lyon, France (venue tba)

Fri June 12 - St. Gallen, Switzerland - The Palace

Sat June 13 - Paris, France - Place des Abbesses (Folk You Fest # 3)

Sun June 14 - Poitiers, France - Le Confort Moderne (4pm gig; "Le Grand Bazar"event!)

Mon June 15 - Nantes, France - Le Bar du Coin

Tues June 16 - Lille, France - La Peniche

June 17 - Rouen, France - Le 3 Pièces

Thur June 18 - Brussels, Belgium - Magasin4 (w/ Guillaume Maupin)

Fri June 19 - Hasselt, Belgium - Ecziteria (w/ The Tonsils!)

Sat June 20 - Ghent, Belgium - De Charlatan (w/ The Tonsils!)

Sun June 21- Utrecht, Holland - Ekko

Mon June 22- Groningen, Holland - VERA

Tues June 23 - Aachen, Germany - Musikbunker

Wed June 24 - Darmstadt, Germany - Oetinger Villa

Thu June 25 - Nürnberg, Germany - Hemdendienst

Fri June 26 -?? Berlin (solo acoustic) ?? (unconfirmed)
carson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything in the UK?
misshelenc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know how you do it, that is such an incredible amount of time to be away from home and in random places you don't know...my nightmare. What if I couldn't understand or got stuck and couldn't ask for help? What if they didn't have food I could bring myself to eat? What would happen to my house if it wasn't cleaned every day? So much anxiety, you are braver than me.
x
jefflewis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, usually my tour anxieties are like "what if the rental car place won't let me pick up the rental car because I only have a US debit card, and no credit card?" or "what if the value of the euro drops even lower and when the tour is done the euros that we made won't be worth enough to cover the costs of the travel?" or "what if the box of comic books that I shipped ahead to Holland gets lost or damaged in the mail or it doesn't arrive in time?" There are many stresses of tour! But I'm not worried about my apartment being clean back at home... it's never very clean even w hen I'm home anyway! And being away from home is sort of like not having all the responsibilities of home... I don't have to think about cleaning or buying toilet paper or dealing with any of that home-stuff, for the whole time I'm away! So in some ways life on tour is easier...
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are genuine fears and I now think you're even braver! I didn't realise you had to earn a certain amount of money to break even. Maybe you need to re-adjust your prices to reflect the poor euro. I will try to buy more things next time I see you.
Don't tell me your flat isn't clean, I'll turn up in the morning with my dusters and not leave until it sparkles! I can't deal with the idea of mess or dirt that people live in.
lauragek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh I'm so excited for the tour! I'm going back to NL on sunday evening and monday I'll drive all the way north to Groningen again to visit Miriam and we'll go to your show together Smile That's the Miriam I was traveling the US with 3 years ago and stayed over at your place with!

By the way, in case you need a place to stay, we'll probably drive back at night again to Ede, which is in the center of NL and a lot farther south (= in the direction of Aachen) than Groningen! Just lemme know Smile
keithos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping for another UK tour. I think I've seen Jeffrey on tour for every one of his new albums, all in different venues. I was disappointed to miss him in Dundee last year as I was on holiday at the time.
Here's a question, for those who have seen Jeffrey Lewis multiple times, what's everyone's favourite place they've seen him? I was delighted to see him play the St Andrews student union as I live a 5 minute walk away from there and they rarely put any live music on there whatsoever. I think my favourite time though was in a very small pub in Glasgow, cost about £2 entry on the door and was just after the release of his second album. I think he was carrying around his recently cut off ponytail at the time! I really regret not buying all the cool pre-Fuff comics that he had on sale then as I haven't seen them anywhere since!
christian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keithos wrote:

Here's a question, for those who have seen Jeffrey Lewis multiple times, what's everyone's favourite place they've seen him?

I saw three shows so far: one in Marseille in 2012, one in Metz in 2014 and one in Luxembourg in 2014. The one in Luxembourg was special for me because it was in my hometown. They were all great, but I think if I had to pick a favourite one, it would be Marseille 2012. It was in a small bar/club called "La Machine à Coudre" (The sowing machine), which was packed. The crowd was really great, and dancing to a lot of the songs. This was also back when Jeffrey was playing with The Junkyard, which was maybe a bit "punkier" than the Jrams. When he did the low budget documentary about The French Revolution, the crowd absolutely loved it. At the end, they had turned the lights back on and Jack was motioning to people that this was indeed the end of the show, but the people still wanted to hear more, so Jeffrey did the Mosquito rap while simultaneously "tearing down" the stage, he even handed the little keyboard to a random person in the first row to keep "playing" while he rapped.

It was just a great venue and crowd. Metz was actually in the basement of an old monastery, which was also nice, unfortunately the turnout wasn't so great that night. Moonface also played that night, I quite liked him as well.
ednashirley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Re : June Europe tour... Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,

How is your tour ? Share your experience that you come across sooo faaar.....SmileSmile
It will helpful for the students like me Smile
I need to prepare a travelogue. Better i can use your's Wink

Thank you Smile