Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Guess what is up for pre-order
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrackyMcCrackerson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Guess what is up for pre-order Reply with quote

http://shopusa.roughtraderecords.com/manhattan
JacobsBest

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Can't wait!
JacobsBest

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this is a Rough Trade release, will I be able to purchase this as a FLAC download? I've kind of move away from physical media for the most part.
andylips

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

special print?
http://store.roughtraderecords.com/jeffrey-lewis-los-bolts-manhattan-pre-order.html

i'd like to know what the special print is. an extra £6 is a lot to fork out if we can't see it before hand, especially if i have to get it shipped from the US to UK.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, yeah, Rough Trade announced that there would be a "special hand-drawn" print as part of the pre-order bonus, but they didn't quite work this out with me in advance, I'm pretty slammed for time here on this Asia tour, any spare time that I've got to do any work is being occupied by my attempts to book December tour dates in the UK so I don't really have time to draw something new for the limited/bonus print give-away... I emailed Rough Trade some art that I've already got, and I think the result is that Rough Trade is planning to use one of the "power trio" images from the "Artist Alone Decides What you Will Hear on His E.S.P." cover art... SO you 12 folks on the message board who have that bonus CD will already have seen this art. But it could still be cool to see it as a full size print?
ELLIOT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, It was a really fun show at the Brixton Windmill last night.

Just wondered if you had plans to make the "Artist Alone Decides What you Will Hear on His E.S.P" available for others to hear?
jefflewis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know what to do with that comp, I guess it'd be cool to put it on a limited LP at some point, but there's so many other projects I'd have to get around to first! Hmm, maybe I could just put it on Bandcamp. But it's scary to allow "out take" material to leak out into the world, beyond just a few people who might actually want to hear it... I don't want somebody's first exposure to me to be a bunch of left-over songs that I don't think are as good as the stuff on the albums, but once something is out there on Bandcamp or on CD there's no controlling how far it can spread around the internet, as if it was a normal album.
Ian Cockburn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about an EP of the best out-takes from the new LP called "Manhattan Sidestreets" or something? I love the song about the internet.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the "side streets" concept!
Hairdresser On Fire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about outtakes, I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to access the bonus tracks that are supposed to come with the Manhattan LP download? The sticker on the front says album plus bonus tracks, but the download I got is just the album. Have tried Rough Trade but they haven't got back to me (and seem pretty useless to contact generally).
HotCars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the new album. I bought the vinyl from Rough Trade coz that's the kind of guy I am. I was worried that the vinyl edition would leave out the great artwork on the fold out CD cover so was pleased to find it as an insert. Nice to see some trilobites on the train.
Yeah, I too was wondering about the Bonus Tracks advertised on the sleeve sticker.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that Rough Trade is still having problems with those bonus track downloads...
If you have a download card for the new LP, please email me at JeffLewisBand@gmail.com, include the code in your email and I can forward it to Rough Trade and they will sort it out. (and if they don't get it fixed, I'll send everybody the bonus trax myself, if I can)
Hope they solve this soon!
HotCars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking into The Strange Case of the Missing Bonus Tracks. There's already plenty to love on 'Manhattan' so I feel greedy asking for more. I was just concerned that I had somehow made a balls up of the digital download. I'll send you the code but no need to go out of your way.

I'll just wait for the 6 CD 'Complete Manhattan Recording Sessions' in 20 years time.
Hairdresser On Fire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeff. Will drop you a line this evening. It's great the way you always look after your fans like this. Looking forward to seeing you in Cambridge in December. I should say also I like Rough Trade as a label, it's just you can't seem to e-mail them anymore, it's all on social media and no-one seems to respond. Anyway, I'm very appreciative and would love to hear any bonus tracks I can get my mp3 player round.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Jeff goes well beyond the call of duty for us lucky lot!
It annoys me when everyone is only on social media these days, I don't have any social media accounts and am therefore pretty much barred from most internet activities it seems. Still won't join their evil empires though, I felt isolated already anyway. xx