$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Using Facebook for fan contact

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauragek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Using Facebook for fan contact Reply with quote

Not too long ago we discussed the use of facebook for keeping contact with fans, as Jeff recently started doing that. Now I got in contact with this really cool street musician guy, Anders Flanderz, asking if it'd be possible to let me know when he was playing the streets. I mean, I'm not out and about in the city all the time but I'd love to meet him once and see him play live instead of just in youtube videos bystanders filmed!

So he replied me with "I usually don't post out where I'm playing, just happened to be this way but I've been thinking of it, could be awesome. Maybe I should start some account where I post it, but it's also so nice that NOBODY knows about it when I'm out, because people get really surprised. I would though get both effects if I posted so I might do that one day! I try to remember email people that asked (not TOO many asked before you but yeah, a bunch) but I sadly always forget WHO lived where and yeah everything becomes confusing. some account wopuld do it. what account would be best do you think? facebook?? I plan to start an Anders Flanderz facebook profile."

Do you know of any website or app that could do this? Or do you agree facebook is quite good for communication with fans? And then of course there remains the question of whether a street performance shouldn't just be a spontaneous thing!

What do you think?
misshelenc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of anywhere that people can do this, I think Facebook is the one most people use, and all those other social media things. I don't use any of them but I think I'm in the minority. It's a shame really because I love the idea of meeting people that are nice and not feeling so lonely and abnormal but I worry I'd just feel more lonely if I saw everyone else and their amazing lives and compared them to mine. I like an email list personally. I think street performance that is planned is fine, as is spontaneous, there's no rules to art is there?!
That's great that you have met someone cool and are helping him, not enough people are like that and are totally, or mostly, self interested. Good luck with it all, and I hope you're enjoying Sweden. xxxx