$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Diane Cluck gig tonight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Diane Cluck gig tonight Reply with quote

Saw Diane Cluck play tonight, sold out show at Rockwood here in NYC, nice small room, suits her well, she's got another sold out show there tomorrow and she's in the middle of a long tour all around America then to UK/Europe. Playing as a duo with her cello player Isabelle on the whole tour, they sound really good as a duo. Personally I would have been happy to have a least a couple more older songs mixed in to the set, it was like 99% new stuff, but some of the new stuff is really great. I bought her new 10-inch record "Boneset", in limited edition bone-white vinyl! I haven't listened to it yet. It's some of the same songs as her 4-song Fall Tour ep that I got last year, I thought that was a great CD, but these are now re-recorded versions. I can't see much point in re-recording them, the versions from last year's version seemed pretty perfect. But I guess it makes an album more cohesive if it's all recorded in one setting rather than a mixed-bag of tracks from different sources.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new Diane Cluck album is maybe her best... though it's quite short at 22 minutes total, so it's somewhat between and ep and an album perhaps. Although in the 60s people released short albums all the time! So by 60s standards, that's an album. Anyway, it's called Boneset and you can check it out on Bandcamp here -
http://download.dianecluck.info/album/boneset
m_coldham

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her new songs are totally great... particularly 'Sara'.

I saw her a few weeks ago here in Bristol (at the Cube) and insisted that you two write some stuff together again, or at least do a tour here again Very Happy