$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Busy night tonight...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Busy night tonight... Reply with quote

Yep, it's a three-gig night!
Playing a sort of secret show at Cakeshop at 8, first gig with the new bassist, it's an opening slot for Grant Hart (Husker Du) but we won't be able to stick around to see him because then we're supposed to meet up with Turner Cody (who has his own 8pm gig at nearby Mercury Lounge) and all go over to Bowery Ballroom to see Jonathan Richman! If there's still tickets left. THEN we might not even be able to stay for the whole Jonathan Richman show because we've also got a 1am "secret" gig to play at Sidewalk! So it's a busy, busy night... wish me luck, I'll let y'all know how it pans out!
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Jonathan Richman show was sold out so we didn't go... Turner Cody and Adam Green went... and so did Julie from Ching Chong Song and Johnny from the Wowz... but myself and Caitlin and Heather just went from our Cakeshop show to my apartment, had a bite to eat, and then went to our Sidewalk show, without popping in to the Jonathan Richman show in between. Maybe for the best, it would have been an even crazier evening! So I got home, did some drawing and listened to a Holy Modal Rounders record and now I'm going to sleep (at 3:45 am, why oh why do I stay up so late).