$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

End of the Road Festival 2012

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: End of the Road Festival 2012 Reply with quote

Anyone going this year? I'm getting quite excited, Jeff, of course, is playing - next week can't come soon enough.

I know quite a few people on here often go so I was surprised not to see a thread.

Anyway - I wrote a blog post yesterday with who I'm most looking forward to seeing if anyone wants to have a read Smile http://www.cassetteculturemusic.co.uk/2012/08/23/10-top-picks-for-end-of-the-road-festival-2012/
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going but I enjoyed your list, I will have to have a listen through as I'm such an uncool person I have only heard 2 out of the 10. I suck at being cultured! Have a great time, hope you get some lovely weather, and send my love to Jeff and the gang xxx
jefflewis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't feel bad mhc, i only recognize 5 on that list, only 2-3 of whom i've ever actually heard, and one of which doesn't count because it's me. curious to check out the others, thanks for the recommendations...
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw thank you, I will try not to feel bad but it's hard! I have no good musical recommendations for you all, apologies. I'm a bit better with literature if I'm honest. I just find music I like and listen to it over and over rather than continually discovering new things that I play about twice and discard on a pile. Most of it is older stuff by people that aren't recording any more too.
Really hope the tour is going well. I always feel sad when you are so close and in my country and I am not there. Miss you! x
AFB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I specifically went for the more obscure acts where I could - figured everyone would know about the main acts, so don't worry about no knowing them Wink

I manage to miss a lot of them though Sad

How did you find the festival, Jeff? I enjoyed both sets - very happy to see you play History of Punk Rock.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought End of the Road this year was excellent - really nice to return after a few years away.
I think the last time we played End of the Road around 2008 I had something of an embarrassing set, my guitar was in the midst of breaking down and the sound kept cutting out (however, to save our set, John Darnielle got on stage with us to sing "Do They Owe Us A Living"!).
SO this time was way better as far as our own set, I usually don't feel totally comfortable playing festivals because the sound is so weird and hard to know what's going on, and the audience is so far away, and even my bandmates are so far away on those big stages, but for some reason our 2 sets at End of the Road this year felt like some of our best festival sets ever. Of course I don't really know how it sounded out in the audience, and I heard from Seth Faergolzia that our Garden Stage set actually didn't sound that great from back in the audience, but anyway I thought it was all quite good.
Also I really like the layout and the size and the other acts, End of the Road really know how to run a festival!