$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

spotify...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: spotify... Reply with quote

Just wondering if any of you guys use spotify. I started using it a couple of months back and it quickly evolved into this great social scene with a real time music feed and suddenly all these strangers started showing up on my list and were playing songs that seemed to be directed at me, but I just wrote it off as a crazy coincidence. It turned out that they were actually trying to communicate with me, which was kind of cool for about a month, but today I thought it would be awesome if all the people that were sharing music with me formed a community and shared songs with each other, but they all were terribly insulted by the fact that there were other people in my life. such a fucking nightmare, they all hate me now and I ended up deleting all of my songs in anger. I guess i'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this. I'm really pretty sad about the whole thing.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't experienced this, nor have I used the site, but I wanted to say I am sorry for you and that they have been really harsh and ridiculous. They sound like some of those 'I'm so alternative and special and clever that I can look down on the rest of humanity' type people, and you're better off without them. Miss you hun xxx
kris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helen, hey! Thanks for the encouragement, I've just been stressing myself out over nothing, really. How've you been?
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, been better, but still alive!
I don't think you've been stressing over nothing, you've been stressing about a load of people being nasty to you, it's only natural to be upset and think maybe you've done something wrong. I was just reassuring you that you're ace and it's them not you! Except I'm not very good at wording things and mostly just rant around a point rather than actually find what I'm trying to say.
I hope you are ok, I always feel bad that you left lj and wouldn't let me send you goodies.
Loads of love and cuddles xxxx
kris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Yeah, i remember wanting to send you a care-package last year too! I kept looking for cool things to send, but I just couldn't find anything that would knock your socks off. What else is happening, have you been to any good shows or conventions recently?
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to see the ladyboys of Bangkok last night. I know the person who put all the set up so free tickets were enjoyed. I actually drank loads of gin and enjoyed it a lot more than I expected, they were amazing! So talented and enviably beautiful. Really good stuff.
As for music, no, the last gig I went to was Jeffs. I did see Derren Brown at the theatre in April and he was incredible. I want his cleverness! I want to be in Hay on Wye at the book festival this week but I'm not, not fair.
I would love to send you some stuff, writing letters and mailing them is about the only thing I'm even half good at!
Are you feeling better about the snobbery now? I hope you are happy, you deserve to be. Any amazing recommendations for media for me? Missed you! xxx
kris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I haven't been out in about a month- the last show I went to was JEFF the brotherhood at a small venue in Phoenix and it was pretty awesome. There's so much good music out there, but I have trouble recommending a good band or album for someone because I almost always get it wrong.

Anyway, cool.. thanks for being kind, i had somehow managed to get myself into an impossible situation and i was feeling like a complete idiot. I still want to do an exchange thing with you, but it will probably have to be sometime next month, I think I'm going to be moving in the next couple of days. =/ Hope you're having a good day/ night? =) -Kristen
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, moving, how endlessly stressful! I hope your new place is lovely and you are all very happy there with lots of space and things to do nearby. Good luck getting through it!
But yeah, when you have a new address I will certainly send you goodies.
I have been a misery lately but this evening, so far so good, I am mostly just doing general admin, catching up on the TV I have sky+ all week and had no time to see, and doing a crossword, all with a cat laying on my arms and cold legs.
You keep those spirits up, you are amazingly special and far too down on yourself! xxxx
AFB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently started using Spotify... I think it's great - never experienced anything like you though - sounds awful!

In fact, when I installed it, it just added everyone from my Facebook on there... I haven't even worked out how to find people yet... but they all sound like dicks anyway Wink