message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Touring

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrackyMcCrackerson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Touring Reply with quote

Jeff or anyone who has experience with touring,
What's your favorite thing about touring? What's your least favorite thing? Ever been in super scary situations? Just wondering. These are loaded questions so I'm not so sure if they will be answered. Hope to see you book a show in denton or dallas, Jeff!

Chris
jefflewis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris!
Big questions!
There's so much to say about all of that...
here's some short answers!
My favorite thing about touring - when we play a really, truly, absolutely great show! Sometimes it happens a lot, sometimes only once or twice on a tour...

Least favorite thing - playing bad shows! And spending day after day after day in a car, without getting anything done! I can't write or draw in a car... most of the time you're only really "doing" something for the one hour of the day when you're on stage... it's hard to be productive on the road.

Scary situations - yeah, like car accidents, or driving in bad weather, or running low on money, or staying in horrible houses or having no place to stay at all... AND I hate flying, there is basically not a single flight where I'm not pretty sure I'm about to die, and I fly all the time. Every flight is guaranteed to give me at least a couple of minutes of pure terror, sometimes more. AND considering all of the statistics about car accidents, and the amount of time I spend in cars, it's always probably inevitable that I'll be in a car accident eventually, that feeling hangs over me. But on the other hand, what else am I gonna do? Stay in bed all day? Life isn't safe! Still gotta live it! And the travel does come with lots of good times. And who wants to live forever?? Dying would solve a lot of problems.

I think I've got a number of Texas shows happening in March! Maybe see you in Denton or Dallas!
CrackyMcCrackerson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answer! I will be seeing you in Fort Worth at 1919. Your buddies Dr. Dog are playing the Granada in Dallas that same night.
moe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I aint no comparison to jeff but this is my chance to talk about touring and sharing some memories...
I love touring a lot even though jeff's right when he says that youre basically torturing yourself with something through the whole day to just play that 45 minute set a night. youre driving a lot, especially in the us and its a struggle trafficwise cuz you'll always be in some weird big cities..doesnt matter how good your navigator-thingy is...its scary and dangerous Smile

the most fucked up thing happened to me touring was when I toured europe back in 2010 and in the night of the soccer finale somebody stole all luggage...full bags of 6 kids with the nicest dressed and coolest band shirts you can imagine...they left the equipment which was nice I guess...oh and sometimes you dont get your guarantee or the show gets cancelled or moved last second...oh and on the same tour we lost the key to our tourbus...thanks god we were in prague and the promoter knew an old cop which broke into the car in like 20 secs and made us a new key in less than 2 hours...100 euros and we were good to go Smile .

http://moreeats.bandcamp.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
moe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and yea...good shows are fun! meeting awesome kidz everyday and playing shows with amazing other bands!

http://moreeats.bandcamp.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CrackyMcCrackerson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll be seeing you in Fort Worth and Dallas!