Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

October/November UK Tour
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keithos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: October/November UK Tour Reply with quote

I've just been looking through the dates for the new tour and am shocked and very excited to see that 'St. Andrews, Scotland' is pencilled in for the 11th October. Would I be right in saying that that's going to be held in the student union? Incredible!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know love but I am going to the Cardiff date for sure and am looking forward to it already. St Andrews is meant to be beautiful, I've never been there though. xx
keithos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I live there, pretty and all but not exactly a thriving music scene. Will make a change from having to travel through to Edinburgh or Glasgow. I trust Jeff will be packing his golf clubs?!
brunser

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there anything confirmed yet for Sunday October 23rd? It's probably the only date I could make and I'm willing to travel for it!
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On October 23 we're trying to confirm a show in Coventry, UK or possibly in Northampton UK, or possibly even both places, an early show and a late show.

More info when things firm up!

Jeffrey & co
brunser

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brilliant news, i was thinking it would be in spain - either of those would suit me (not that it really matters to you!!!).
Linz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Edinburgh 26/10 Reply with quote

Hi, Hoping to catch gig in Edinburgh 26/10.

This is listed as at Internationale but local ticket outlets don't have tickets and don't know of such a venue !

I managed to find an address (Lothian Street) and took a wander along and to the couple of pubs that are there - but they don't know of a gig that date and they aren't called Internationale.

Appreciate not the easiest thing to clarify from afar but any thoughts on whether that date and venue are confirmed (and where it is !).
keithos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'd never heard of that place either but maybe this will help. http://www.songkick.com/concerts/10400813-jeffrey-lewis-and-the-junkyard-at-internationale?utm_source=1471&utm_medium=partner
I might go as well if it's anywhere near Haymarket station.

I'm still eagerly awaiting more news of the St Andrews gig!
tracertrails

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linz & Keithos

The Internationale is a brand new venue! It opens in a week or so, I believe. It's where Medina used to be, and that place upstairs, and the place next door. So it has three parts, and the part where Jeff's playing is called The Third Door.

Here's a listing, with map: http://www.list.co.uk/place/15728-the-third-door/

The address is 45 Lothian Street - it's right next to Bristo Square (the Edinburgh University campus).

Tickets are currently available from http://www.wegottickets.com/event/136071 and will be in Ripping Records next week.

Hope to see you at the show!

Emily / Tracer Trails
www.tracertrails.co.uk
Linz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help.
keithos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The album's brilliant, I've got my ticket for the St Andrews gig and I can't wait to hear some of these new songs live. The outstanding ones for me so far are To Go and Return, I Got Lost, Krongu Green Slime and When You're By Yourself. Any or all of those and I'll be more than happy!
I hope there are copies of the new album for sale at the show as I'm holding off on my Amazon order to get a signed one.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I'll have copies of the album, I'm going to try to pick some up in London on Monday Oct 10 before we head up to Scotland on Oct 11. But in any case I'm only going to take maybe one small box of them, maybe 30 - 50 CDs, because right after the Oct 11 Scotland show we fly to Spain to start that tour and those little Easyjet flights are very strict about luggage, so I don't want to be carrying lots of boxes of stuff.
Jeff
keithos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read surprising little about the current tour so far so thought i'd add a few comments. I went to the St Andrews Uni gig and had a great time despite some technical issues delaying things somewhat. I think Jeffrey Lewis was supposed to be on at 10pm following 2 support acts but after some feedback problems a bit of a spectacle from some clumsy students trying to erect the projector screen, I think it was after midnight by the time Jeffrey Lewis took to the stage, This was a bit unfortunate as I think it meant that quite a few people who might have been going along without any prior knowledge of the music, left before seeing Jeffrey Lewis in action. The St Andrews students are made of soft stuff and a late night with lectures the next day was too much for some to contemplate (as Jeff amusingly made reference to before one of the songs).
The set itself was excellent, the 2 'low-fi movies' were definitely worth the effort setting up the equipment and the set covered all of his albums with the obvious heavier weighting from the new ones. My favourite songs of the night were Heavy Heart, Time Machine, Roll Bus Roll and I Got Lost. He played mainly the more up-tempo songs from the new album and although there were a couple of the brilliant slower ones that I was slightly disappointed not to hear, the audience were very receptive to them. I'd like to know what the cover song was that was played at the end, I'm sure I recognised it but couldn't quite put my finger on it.
It was a really enjoyable gig overall and although I missed my last bus home so had to walk for an hour at 1:30am, it was still a fun novelty to have a Jeffrey Lewis gig so close by for me. I think I'll maybe take the trip through to Edinburgh this week to hopefully catch a different set - I got the impression that the set list was at least partially improvised and that a lot of songs had been rehearsed for the tour.
Kieron

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good stuff! shame about the technical issues though, that sucks, the edinburgh gig should be great. seth of dufus is supporting and there's a chance there'll be another great support act, though that's TBC so i won't mention it in case it doesn't come off...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kieron

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you make it to the edinburgh show, keithos? it was great! viking moses supported, then seth and jeff finishing. it was a whopping set - over an hour, easily i reckon :O and he opened with heavy heart! not sure i've ever even heard that live. not for a long time if i have. upside-down cross was pretty amazing too. and all else as well...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger