$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

heh, noticed somethin funny today.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glowworm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: heh, noticed somethin funny today. Reply with quote

Apparently I'm one of the top jeff lewis listeners on last.fm. Smile

this is me btw - last.fm/user/bobbygeisler

I've been using last.fm excessively lately, and have only been scrobbling these past few months, but I think it's really neat. If anyone else has one, feel free to post! It's cool comparing music, especially with other jeff lewis listeners. Very Happy
kris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been listening to lastfm a lot the past month or so too. (been a crazy busy month, I miss you guys!!)

Last edited by kris on Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they REALLY have the "Indie-Rock Fortune Cookie" CD, as pictured in your screen-grab?? I think maybe I made 100 copies of that on CDR, in early 2001 - most of the good songs ended up on the first Rough Trade album and the rest of the songs ended up on Tapes From the Crypt, so there really isn't any reason to buy the IRFC album, but I'm really surprised to see it pictured there, even on my own website I don't think I have an image of how that album looked on CD format (mostly I made copies of it on tapes, but that image is from the CDR version). And what happens if you hit the "buy" button for that album?!? They don't even list City & Eastern Songs but they have an album that barely even existed?!? So strange!!!
Jeff
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS - my new album comes out in October, "A Turn In The Dream-Songs," 13 tracks, I'm trying to do lots of art for the CD but I have to finish it all up fast now! Almost done...
AFB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah Jeff! Way to slip that nugget of info in there Wink

Any chance of sharing some of the tracklist anytime? Very exciting!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So excited about the new album, wow, roll on October! And it has a dream related title like my thread on here, that makes me happy, even if it is nothing to do with it, I can just think it is to keep me feeling vaguely special for once. Yey, thank you for telling us all!
As for IRFC, I asked for it for Christmas a few years ago but no one could find it so I didn't get it. Now I know why! I like to collect things so I would like a copy even if I know the songs from elsewhere.
I am on lastfm but I never bother with it. If i want music I always just go to youtube. I'm a bit rubbish with where to find good stuff generally.
Kris, have really missed you, post on livejournal with all your news!
xxx
Glowworm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, awesome! I can't wait! Just got your come on board CD from olive juice's website a week or two ago. If your new one sounds anything like this one, I'm pumped!

And haha yeah, it opens this amazon page - http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=Jeffrey+Lewis+-+Indie+Rock+Fortune+Cookie&tag=lastfmmp3-20&index=digital-music&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

Which is pretty funny. You can also search itunes for it on that page, but i can't use itunes since i'm a linux user.
jefflewis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I've been too busy to do much board-posting lately!
Lots of work on the album artwork and tour planning and stuff...
Plus trying to get the visas I need to do this tour of China, and a different visa to do the Korean tour dates, it's pretty crazy, I hope it all works out.
(And I've currently got Tom who used to run the Herman Dune website, plus two other french friends of Tom, all staying in my living room this week on their US travels... they stayed with Turner Cody a few days, now it's my turn!)
I still haven't got a final approved master copy of the album, so I'll hold off on track listing and stuff like that for a bit, but more news soon!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's ok, we all get busy and have to prioritise things, just as long as you're ok, that's the main thing!
Good luck getting the visas and with all the creativity.
Can I stay in your living room too? It sounds fun. I bet everyone stays up late and talks about interesting things and listens to records no one has heard of. Unlike my living room, which is locked up and in darkness by 11 because I'm bored and tired and want to go to bed and read my book.
Excited for the news, I am looking forward to hearing it xxxx
scott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm letting my friend in busan know about the tour! I wish I could make it to Korea.