message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

I dreamed a dream
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had two great dreams last night (yey for broken sleep! one day it will improve!)
The first one was about postsecret.com. It was like a fairground and there was a big house, all decorated beautifully, and me and my younger sister went on a boat ride, where the weeks secrets were all on billboards. I was telling her I really liked it because the boat ride relaxed me and it made me think about all the secrets as I was going round.
Then I woke up and then had another Jeff dream. Me and all the band were sat on my bed (why? I have a perfectly nice front room I invite guests into, we never go upstairs!) and they were playing a gig that night, so I was making flower arrangements to put on the stage. There was white rice all over the bed and Jeff had a sore back so I gave it a rub around the neck area. One of the other band members didn't speak English and was sat eating bananas. I was trying to communicate with him all the same. Then they played a gig at the local university hospital and it was great.
I haven't got much other news. Just going to the library today which always makes me happy.
xxxxxxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday night. I sit watching Doctor Who in my pyjamas, eating spinach leaves out of the bag. And then I do the ironing. I AM SO ROCK AND ROLL!!! I'm quite into ironing at the moment. If anyone wants to drop round any washing, feel free, I'll get it sorted for you.
xxxxx
kap

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you watching from behind the sofa? I recall this was the only safe spot to view from...x
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not, but maybe I should be...this first half of the series has been scary, although at 28 I think I can just about manage. If I was 5 maybe it'd be a different story! There's no daleks in this series. It's good. Roll on next Saturday!
xxxx
morgan

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like dreams quite a bit. I write songs about them sometimes. I think they have a lot to tell us. It's true, my uncle David did write a wonderful book of dream drawings called, "Foreign Objects". Some of his Dream Paintings are viewable here: http://www.davidreisman.com/wdata/Dream%20Paintings.htm

If you want a copy I actually have a few for sale here. They are beautiful and extensive (though not colored like the paintings) quite interesting insights into David's unconscious.

email me: morganorion at gmail dot com

if you do want one!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are very nice pictures thanks for sharing!
I don't really know what dreams have to do with anything. I'm not one of these nutters who think that dreams really mean anything, I think it's just that I started the thread with talking about dreams, and now I'm pretty much talking to myself, so I write about random shite, and vaguely keep to the dream theme to join it all together. Plus I have very vivid dreams that often have Jeff in them so I figure it's kind of relevant to post, even if no one really cares.
lauragek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always when there's a new post by you in the "About Anything" part of the forum, I know you posted a new dream. And even though I usually don't comment I like to read them! It's just that I don't really have anything worth saying to say back:)

I don't believe dreams "mean" anything either. I feel like often my dreams pick up on something I thought about that day. Usually it's something really small and unimportant, but apparently my subconscious thinks those are interesting things to base dreams on...
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your comment hun, aw, that's really sweet and has made me smile! And I totally agree with you about the random and seemingly insignificant details of life that crop up in dreams, that happens to me a lot.
One thing I have noticed is how vivid my dreams have been since I a) stopped taking prescribed sleeping tablets about a year and a half ago, and b) stopped smoking weed even longer ago. I thought, over time, they'd go back to how they were before (mostly I wouldn't remember them or if I did it was very vaguely) but they never have, and have even maintained intensity. Odd.
Hope you're feeling good and thanks again! xxxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A zombie film (Land of the Dead I think?) is on ITV4 this evening, Made me think I need to write a post as it's been a while. Not that I have anything to say. But I'll try.
I have been reading a great book called True Things About Me. And another called The Drowning Girl was good for a bit, but then got too long and too predictable with all the twists. Next I'm reading the Wilderness about Altzheimers, apparently it's great. I do hope so. I wish I could be constantly immersed in literature and then I wouldn't have to think, or at least be me, but as it is I just manage to grab the odd chapter here and there between all the millions of things I have to undertake each day.
Today I met up with my sister and we went shopping and I spent far too much money really, but hey, it wasn't on me, it was all gifts. I did get myself some amazing sparkly slippers with strawberries on though, because my leopard print ones had totally died. Slippers are the shoes of kings. And queens.
My cat is breathing his tuna breath at me while trying to cuddle as I write, yuck, I wish I could make them veggie but you can't apparently, only dogs. It's a shame. Flesh is for zombies. He's also walked muddy paws all over my freshly washed and ironed white cushion covers. Cheers Bennett, always making my life easier and everything! Good job he's so cute and loving or I'd have to shout at him.
I'm tired, time for bed I think. It gets earlier and earlier these days but I'm still tired a lot. I just expend so much eneergy all the time, I never sit down longer than 5 minutes.
Ok, time to shut up. 'At last!', I hear you cry!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a realli intense dream that I was in a library looking for new books this morning. I go to the library religiously on a Thursday. I've been looking forward to to it all week. Is it sad that 20 minutes browsing shelves in the quiet is the highlight of my week? Probably... Sometimes I feel so sad I actually wonder where there is left to go down to. But I just keep smiling, making jokes and ironing and the days keep turning over and nothing ever changes.
On a happier note, Angry Boys is a cracking new programme on bbc3, you should watch it if you haven't. x
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I've not been around, I have been in London watching Bright Eyes and having a little holiday. They were so good live, loved it. xxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't ranted on here in a bit, and the board is looking a bit sad these days, so I may as well post something. At least if no one's here then no one need bother reading my rubbish.
Today I went to the library. Currently reading Trespass by Rose Tremain and feeling massively jealous with every page as she's just so talented and clever and can use words more beautifully than I ever could. So I just returned my old books and didn't get anything else out. I'll treat myself to something next week.
It's like, tropical weather in Britain at the moment. One hour it's boiling hot, the next it's torrential rain. I never know what to wear or if to bother taking a coat when I go out...
I have mostly been watching Angry Boys and laughing a lot, and doing my cleaning. Usual story.
I've started getting a really sore throat as of this afternoon, and I have bad skin and generally look really rough and ill and worn down, have done all week. Wish I never had to leave the house so no one would have to look at me but life's not that simple.
AFB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing to share...

But I didn't want you to think that everyone had deserted you!
misshelenc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww thanks love, I was wondering where everyone was, glad you haven't deserted me! xxx
misshelenc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I dreamed that I saw Malcolm Middleton in the city centre. He was on tour and I said to him, ' you look so tired, are you working really hard? Would you like to come back to mine for a sleep?' He agreed and I let him fall asleep on my huge bed while I stayed downstairs and washed and ironed all his clothes as he was running out of clothes for the rest of the tour. Analyse that.
No news to be honest. Not even reading a good book at the moment, it's just ok.
xxxx