$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

Cluck/Lewis & Schwervon/Lewis EPs on Bandcamp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jefflewis

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Cluck/Lewis & Schwervon/Lewis EPs on Bandcamp Reply with quote

Two long out-of-print EPs are now available again (cheap!), via Bandcamp...

DIANE CLUCK & JEFFREY LEWIS, the 3-song release from 2001
and
THE JEFF LEWIS BAND & SCHWERVON! "Gas Money" EP from 2005...

you can now hear and/or download them at

www.JeffreyLewis.BandCamp.com
jefflewis

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite odd,
checking the Bandcamp statistics for my Bandcamp page shows that when I added the Schwervon/Jeff Lewis EP and the Diane Cluck/Jeff Lewis collaborations material, the action at the page dropped massively. Right now it has been seven days since anything was bought from my Bandcamp page, but before this week there had never been more than three days in row without a single sale of something ever since the first day the Bandcamp page existed. Usually there's maybe one or two things that get sold every day, and then one day or two days where nothing sells, then another sale or two. On a big day there might be five sales. There was only one time where three days went by with no sales.
I really thought that adding more albums to the Bandcamp page would be a good thing, make it more interesting and increase the options for stuff to listen to and buy, but maybe it is too cluttered now? Things were going well when there were only 4 or 6 albums on the page - shortly right after I upped it to 8 albums on the page it turned into zero sales, day after day after day, up to and including zero sales today, now a full week of nothing.
Is the quantity the answer? Just too much stuff to look at or listen to at once? Or just too visually unappealing to have so many small album covers rather than a few bigger album covers taking up the same space?
Maybe I should experiment and remove a couple things, bring it back down to 6 albums, and see what happens.
Has anybody else had any experience with this sort of stuff?
It's really interesting that Bandcamp lets you access all the statistics so easily.