$1.95 CAN
Jeff Lewis
message board

FAQ     Search     Memberlist     Usergroups     Register  
  Profile     Log in to check your private messages     Log in  

End of the Road 2011

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kap

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: End of the Road 2011 Reply with quote

Great and unexpected to see the Fall are on the bill. Still had been hoping to see some more of my favourite 'regulars' though, no Herman Dune, David Thomas Broughton, Richard Hawley, Jeffrey Lewis et al?!
jack fe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll almost definitely get David Thomas Broughton on there, I'm sure. He has strong ties with the Local folks.

I went to End Of The Road from 2007 - 2009, and each of the three years, the line up got a little less interesting to me. As a festival, its always the best in the UK, I just couldn't justify going the last couple of years for a few bands (and the great comedy stage, ales and cider).

I'd love to see the Fall play there though. That would be magnificent.
AFB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went 2007-2010 and last year the line up just didn't do it for me. I only went because I got a ticket from writing some of the programme. This year I'm even less interested.

I'm planning on going to 2000 trees fest. It's only £59, though it's only thurs/fri-sat. However, Frightened Rabbit are headline and a bunch of people I know are playing so that justifies it for me.

Having trouble persuading people at the moment - anyone on here fancy it?
kap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for us it is a known quantity which with small people in tow makes it far less stressful and more enjoyable and the environment is really conducive to that end. I guess I am often unfamiliar with a lot of the scheduled bands, so half the excitement is in chancing upon something new that you really like. Given how hopeless we are at actually getting to see half the acts we intend to, there's also comfort in not feeling annoyed with ourselves/children for not being really business-like about attendance which i think we tended to be once upon a time, and so there's an upside for us that there aren't always zillions of acts we must see requiring sprints bewteen stages, and so it's kind of our mini holiday albeit horribly cold at night.
misshelenc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I last went to a festival in 2001. Getting old!
I hate mud, dirt, and not having at least one shower a day. I think I'm better off not going, despite all those I see that I'd actually love to go to, the OCD prevents me from attending unless I can use the press bit with facilities.
But you all go and have a great time for me! x